Am I a woman emotionally?

Dragonflys

I certainly wonder sometimes, but I know physically I certainly am not!.

The reason I thought to discuss this was because my emotional approach to everything seems to affect my ability to seem cool, strong-minded and focussed when interacting with women. Somehow, I think these are the masculine qualities that attract women at least initially. Maybe I am just yapping here, but it seems when I talk to women I become less talkative, or cannot think as clearly what to say (maybe I am just shy, or it is due to recent inexperience). This mainly affects me in the early interactions with any woman I am attracted to, and then when I get to know them I am confident and talkative. But I feel that the first impression seems to be so long-lasting and I need to work on this. I recently broke up and the feeling I got from this relationship was that I was too open and emotional to her (although somehow I always felt she drew it out of me and fed on it....so I am not blaming myself..I am just trying to understand my way of interaction)

I know I have always been like this since a child. In a relationship situation, and even with friends I like to talk about feelings and emotions rather than events or happenings (not exclusively). I seem to have a better memory for how someone felt about something, rather than what little cute or funny events transpired during the day. I can never remember jokes unless I make a concerted effort to do so. I am not a great storyteller. So I am the type that will talk about the status of a relationship, or how someone feels, and likes the hugs and kind words, rather than just sex.

But I have this feeling that being too much like women emotionally (and I mean this in terms of giving them credit), that I don't present the challenge or mystery that seems so important for initial attraction.

Any insights on what I feel here or am I just rambling nonsense?.

Oliver

You may be right to some extent, but your uniqueness is what makes you the person you are. When you meet the RIGHT lady, you will relate to her in a genuine way and she will appreciate you for who you are and the way you relate to the world.

So don't worry about this...just be yourself and open yourself up for the right lady...one who will understand, be attracted to and truly appreciate your openness.

• Author

Thank you Deejette.

It makes me feel better to hear people say this. It must just be the way my ex defined masculinity. Unfortunately she found expression by a man to be a sign of weakness and insecurity.

Oliver