Is there anything wrong telling my friend how I feel?

I'm falling for my friend I've known her for a year now since we share a class together and I see her on a daily basis in the mornings or at lunch. Here's the Problem Last week we've been getting really close or at least that's how it feels. She has been wanting me to eat breakfast and lunch with her last week she would literally text me to meet her in the cafeteria and I had no problem with that. Last week was a blast, until the weekend when I couldn't wait to see her etc. After the weekend I don't know what happened seriously. On monday we were alone after an awkward lunch and I decided to ask her to Prom she said yes but It seems as if she said yes out of pitty and because she thinks I would have gone alone so she's doing me a Favor. I was so Excited until today when I found out she's ''talking'' to some guy not sure if she likes him or not but honestly this just killed my mood and I don't wanna take her as my friend I could of asked any other girl instead. I wanted something special but Instead I get this. Second time Prom Plans go wrong for me. I don't even wanna go to Prom anymore. But then again she wasn't really ''Thrilled'' when I asked. I asked her because it seemed she wanted to go she had been asking Indirectly and since I was alone with her It was my ''chance'' Aside from actually wanting to go with her of course. We usually never text each other or we don't see each other after school. On Facebook we don't talk, I get along so much better with my other friend my other friend is super cool and more opened to stuff I can text and talk with her with no problems. But with the friend I like I can't do any of that stuff. It's just not her and to some point it bothers me. I feel funny inside (corny I know) everytime I'm around her and I love being around her. I feel it in the way she hugs me I felt it all last week she's like take me to class. It feels as if she only wants my company and maybe she treats all her friends the same and I'm a dumbass falling for her. For some reason I get this feeling like it isn't gonna work between us I don't know why. But part of me wants to believe that it might work. She's younger and she's into ''Hot Guys'' I'm guessing she's superficial in that sense nothing wrong with it of course. I just don't fit the ''Profile'' in that sense. I am so fkn lost lmfao, and yeah maybe I'm cutting to the chase to quickly but I just don't know. I wanna tell her how I feel because it's really bothering me but I don't know how.