What are the chances I'm going to get shot down? :P

Right, so I'm coming off an important breakup which left me a few clowns short of a circus, but I've regained a measure of self-confidence and have been dating here and there. I have recently met someone that I'm quite interested in, so I'm essentially out for a few objective yeigh or neighs from the fantastically objective LS community.

We met in a club and after some banter she urged me to visit her at an event at the beach in the south of Italy. And of course, with a wink and a smile, I did. I went down there with no expectations and happy that I could leave the tomb of memories that is my current city. Here's how things went:

• We maintained contact (she usually initated) on FB prior to me leaving.
  • She was thrilled to see when when I met her at the club (at least apparently)
  • She introduced me to all her friends.
  • She led me around the place by hand.
  • She danced with me, facing me and next to me.
  • She'd follow me out everytime I wanted some air.
  • Everytime a guy would hit on her she would turn away (strangely, when we went outside she told me how one guy kept trying with her, and I said "hes a good looking guy" with a smile. Don't think she appreciated that haha)

All good so far? Well here's where it gets a little wierd.

• We met up the next day and she gave me a tour of the beach town (the whole day).
  • She would often say "lets sit and chat". Our conversations were a little off-putting for me on occasion and I think she picked up on it.
  • She talked about being single (unprompted by me) and what she wants from a relationship.
  • I got a little hung-up on my past (I didnt lie about my breakup) and she gave me an odd look.

That evening we went out again, with a mutual friend and I was a little more somber than usual. Her digging had brought up a few nasty memories I was processing. She seemed concerned and asked "you're a thousand miles away" to which I'd answer: I'm fine, with a smile.

Then, I had to leave.

Because it was Easter she was not able to take me to the station, and she sent me quite a few texts as I was leaving explaining, and wishing me well. It was very lighted hearted and what I appreciated was that she threw out quite a few inside jokes that I would have thought she'd forgotten. Interesting!

Now, as I'm back in my city, I've noticed shes been writing on my wall regarding a "bet" we made in the disco which she won. And other things.

My question is this: Given that girls from the south are VERY hospitable, regardless of interest. Is this something I should slowly pursue? Are there any signs that something more than friendship has transpired?

Ladies!? ;)

You know how girls go on and on about wanting a friend before wanting a boyfriend/lover/husband/etc...

Well just my 2 cents here but you might be it if you man up a little and step up to the plate and take a swing.

Not to psychoanalyze here bud, but... your post does sort of lead the reader into thinking that something is really there between you two. Now, it could very well be that there's more to the story than meets the eye. But the way you're putting it, I'm pretty sure you have a solid chance of knocking it out of the park.

Now... I'm NO expert on having girls as friends, but from what I hear you go with the vibe, brutha. If the moment is calling for you to snag a kiss, then don't hesitate. consequences schmonsequences. DOOOOOO IIIIIIT