Love: Is it the greatest gift of/for humanity?

2SidestoStories

I was really curious how this group would respond:

Is love the greatest gift we have as human beings? Please discuss away!

Darkangelism

I dont think so, i think our greatest gift is reasoning. Love makes us do stupid things.

Penny Sillan
Originally posted by Darkangelism

I dont think so, i think our greatest gift is reasoning. Love makes us do stupid things.

Hmmm....I'm not really sure that it's Love that makes us do silly things - I think maybe it's our need to feel Loved that makes us do silly things.

There's a lot of reasoning within Love - it's that other silly imitation Love that has no reasoning. I think they call it lust or something ;)

PS.....love the quote at the bottom of your post! I think I dated a guy once who actually believed that!

Possibly not romantic love which seems to rest on certain conditions or perhaps even qualifications.....but YES to the kind of love you feel for you children and family.

When your child is born....you love it regardless of it's character or looks or possibilities. You just love it because it belongs to you. Same is true with most parents or families.

I DO believe this is the TYPE of love which rules the world. The Bible calls it Agape love. It's loving someone before they ever loved you and there were no qualifications required.

To me, the greatest gift for humanity is chocolate chip cookies wuth pecans, hot right out of the oven, and ice cold milk. Love comes in a very close second, though!!!

I was kinda thinking the same thing early on...but it consisted of a cold beer.

I LOVE those milk and cookies though......double chocolate chip!!!!

Darkangelism

im sick of chocoete cookies, i just ate a whole box of soft baked ones.