"I wish we have met years ago"

Eternal Sunshine

Eternal Sunshine

OK, I am obsessing.

Things are going great with my boyfriend. I am just curious about something.

He keeps saying "I wish we have met years ago". I just don't get the meaning of that statement.

What's wrong with meeting now? I mean, I am 32 and he is 30. It's not like we are too late for anything. Neither of us has any previous marriages or kids.

What do you think he means by it?

For ******* sake woman, stop obsessing and worrying over every little detail otherwise you will destroy this relationship before it gets started.

All it means is that he likes you!. A lot!

Titania22

Well when I say or feel that way, it usually means, I love being with them so much, I wish I could have spent more of my life with them, maybe shared some more firsts, seen what they were like when they were younger, and things like that.

Cracker Jack

It means he wishes he had you earlier in his life. Obviously you've had a good impact on him so far, or he wouldn't even bother saying it. He's not implying that there's anything "wrong" with having you in his life now.

Professor X

And here I thought I was self-destructive. LOL :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ah ye, Anne1707 is right.

angielove

It means he feels like the time before he met you was wasted because you weren't in it!!! :)

• Author
Eternal Sunshine
And here I thought I was self-destructive. LOL :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ah ye, Anne1707 is right.

heh - I am probably the most self-destructive person on this planet.

nothappyjan

Just relax and enjoy..........wahh im jealous i miss having a boyfriend..luckily its only ever for a few hours a week.

That's such a nice compliment. You are so amazing, so wonderful, so compatible with him that he wished he'd met you earlier so he could have spent more of his life with you.

I would love someone to say that to me. :love:

Seriously - totally jealous over here. I wish I could get someone to feel that way about me. :D

Come on. You know exactly what this means. Something happened to make you feel insecure and come looking for reassurance (fishing for compliments). You wanted to let people here know youre desirable. Whats up. I mean it. I want to help. My gut is saying you dont like the stability of your relationship. Am i right.

Edited by thehead
welikeincrowds

Everyone in this thread is wrong, it means he wishes you had the body of an 18 year old. And, I guess that he also had the body of a 16 year old. I mean, that's how the math lines up right, although I can't imagine why he would want to be 16 again... seems like a weird guy frankly, maybe you should consider other options before things get out of hand.

It's because he wishes you had gotten to know each other as girlfriends, before the sex change operation. He wishes you had had the chance to shop for lingerie together and swap nighties.

Everyone is terrible at this. He meant "I wish this was in the past and behind us."