My Bestfriends Girl

I just finished my freshman year of college and one of my good friends Jason from high school (just graduated they are a year behind me) has had a huge crush on a girl for his entire senior year. I met her at his graduation party in late April and hit it off with her. We all hung out again at one of my parties the next weekend and she ended up choosing to stay with me that night instead of going home with my best friend and the other two people when they left. That night we hooked up and have hung out too watch a movie and went to dinner in the last couple weeks since then but we don't know what to do. We both feel bad for doing this too him, but she has made it blatantly clear she doesn't want to date him, because they're best friends. I feel bad though because he is a good friend of mine.

Am I doing the wrong thing here?

They are both leaving to a college about 3 hours away in August and I've been at our local college for a year now. So her and I aren't going to have a serious relationship, but we both enjoy each others company. I think if she was staying here we would date. Tonight her and I talked about our intentions and we both said we didn't expect anything at the end out of this. But tonight while drunk Jason told us he had dreams of him and the girl dating, but then her cheating on him with me...He doesn't know that we slept together but he is very suspicious because she's been hiding her txts from him and found out it was me. Any help would be awesome.Thanks!

Edited by alabama

Depends on how much you value his friendship, he's going to be upset and humiliated once he finds out. Is the pleasure you get from this girl worth messing up the friendship?

Really though, the deed is already done. You might as well enjoy your time with her before she moves away to college.

Edited by gaius

You're not doing anything wrong. These triangle situations can become...awkward. However, you and the girl developed a connection that he wasn't able to develop with her. To be honest, from your post, it's not likely that what your friend wants with his crush was going to happen anyway. If it wasn't you, it would've been with somebody else.

If he ever finds out, your friendship may be out the window, as well as his friendship with his crush. However, you're all young, and you all will be able to move on.

Him being best friends with her does not entitle him to a relationship with her. If he had really wanted to pursue her, he should have acted on his feelings... Its that simple.

I've been best friends with the same guy since secondary school (im 31 now). Weve slept with each others friends, hooked each other up with girls we know.

This shouod not be the end of your friendship.