Fallen for a "taken" Co-Worker

InLoveAlone

I'm a 20 year old supervisor at Target, openly gay and at the moment suffering with a bit of heartache.

Recently I've been getting close to a cashier, who I've grown very fond of. It started off as a regular professional relationship, but escalated to a kind of "flirty" one... which ended up getting me confused. As I got to know him, I found out he's in a relationship and has a child with the girl. Yes, to add to my confusion, he's "straight"...

I know some straight guys joke around with gay guys, just for fun... but this is different. I've caught him staring at me a few times, and when I do, he just smiles... I can't help but turn bright red.

About a month ago, he expressed to me about having a hard time at home. His girlfriend is extremely jealous, and wont let him have friends, or a social life. He's getting very tired of it, and not sure that he wants to stay with her.

Things just recently got more serious when I finally told him I thought he was attractive, and that I knew he was straight, so I advised him not to take it offensively. He look surprised, then told me "If I wasn't curious, maybe I would be offended... I mean you're cute." I didn't expect that, I said "Thanks!" and turned around to hide my red face.

Finally, he invited me bowling this weekend along with another female co-worker. I told him I'd go, but I just found out his girlfriend suspects I may have a "thing" for him. After finding this out, I realized that maybe I should step back... decided on NOT going to the bowling rink, and that maybe I should back up on our friendship just to try and loose the feelings I have for him... it's best for me, and best for him in the long-run I suppose...

But... maybe it's not the right thing to do? Maybe someone has a little advice?

OldOnTheInside

I recommend you step back and tell this man that while he may have problems with his relationship, that is none of your responsibility or business. He needs to sort out his issues with his gf.

You already know that forming "the triangle" is a recipe for disaster right?