Found love with an old friend...hes my ex's best friend.

Wicked Child

I don't know what to do! We've known each other for over ten years and have always been close. He's one of the few people I trust fully. We've recently reconnected after a couple years, and its developing into something serious. The problem: he's best friends with my ex (we're 4 years broken up). We both want to be together, but are stuck at a crossroads because of the situation. May I add that they live together. I think we need to come clean to the ex sooner than later, but I know he's worried about destroying their friendship...he thinks my ex is still in love with me. And he thinks that we will be outcasts because of the whole "don't date ur ex's friends" (which I think is an antiquated societal standard once you graduate high school. Were both close to 30, and feel that we could have a wonderful relationship together...we're just not sure how to break the news. Advice please!

east coast edward

You have to be really think hard to look for an answer. Is this a genuine thing between you, or is it part of the ongoing relationship with your ex. Its a burden on him, but it looks like that he has to be tasked with having a serious discussion with the ex.