Am I overthinking this?

I haven't been stymied by much on the relationship front lately, until now. The original guy I came here to post about has been a "friend" of mine since he ended it when things were rough in my life i.e. I had just broken an engagement, was badly out of shape, and was in fear of being laid off from my job, which did eventually happen. I was in a terrible place, and he pursued me on myspace, which eventually turned into a long distance relationship (2 hours). We have both dated other people during the two, or so, years since we stopped "dating."

Though we weren't "dating" and were seeing other people, we have still seen or spoken with each other at least every two weeks. We sit at a coffee shop and converse for hours, hike long distances in the mountains, and catch the occasional movie.

I don't think he's seeing anyone right now, and he's been talking about our past when we were dating, bringing things up, mentioning our interactions. He's asked to see me three times in the last four days, and he said he would be glad to give me a wake up call bright and early tomorrow morning (I have a job interview), and he's bought my coffee a couple of times.

Um, is he potentially thinking about giving this another shot beyond friends? I have always loved him - yes, in love - but was fine just being his friend if things wouldn't work otherwise between us. We grew up together and our families know each other. We have a lot of similarities/history between us. I just don't want to lose his friendship, though the thought of seeing him naked again is, well, hot.

Am I overthinking this?