went too far? or not far enough?

I have a guy friend that I am very close with. We hang out ALLL the time, stay over at each other's houses etc. But it was totally platonic. Once a couple of years ago, we ended up having sex and then all the time. Shortly after that he said he didn't want us to sleep with other people so I said ok. But we continued to say we were just friends. A few months of this and he told me he had messed with someone else while on a family vacation. So I asked him if we were then free to see other people and he said ok. Since then, there has been arguing, fighting, "who were you with" etc, from him, not me. I suggested to him that we should just date, and he said (for several seemingly well thought out reasons) that it would never work. So now, I like him, I know he likes me, I don't want to lose him as a friend. But I am getting tired of the runaround! Help!

Bottom line - don't sleep with a guy unless he is your BF.

You need to put some boundaries back up. Simply tell him that you like him, you would like to date him as a BF, and that you will need to slow down your activities with him unless your status as "friends" changes.