Totally flustered by a FWB

azsinglegal

I recently ended a tough relationship with a BF and in my quest for physical affection, I reconnected with an old FWB from a year ago. We used to hang out once in a while, but really, I liked him, he didn't want any expectations so I left it as a FWB.

When I got into my last relationship, I obviously quit seeing him, but we still talked once in a while via text or FB, but I hadn't seen him in a while.

We "hooked up" a few times in the past month and I was totally fine with it because I really don't anything more.

Well, recently his behavior towards me has changed significantly. He asks me to spend the night and has me bringing my dogs over so I can. We're hanging out more, going to the gym (he's a bodybuilder and would NEVER work out with me before but all of a sudden is wanting to "train me" 2-3 times a week), he holds my hand in public, is telling me about his day and making long term plans for weekends - things he never did either. He's also started talking about his friends with me and to them about me. He's affectionate, kissing me, holding me, cuddling, BUT...

We haven't had sex in a few weeks. I'm totally confused. Did I get put in the "friend zone"?

Our communication is WAY more then it ever has been, talking about our lives, friends, past, etc. I had this guy in the FWB category for the past year we've known each other so when I reconnected with him, THAT is what I expected.

I'm totally, completely and utterly confused. We are also in our 30s, he's 33 and I'm 37.

Edited by azsinglegal

Judging by the lack of replies so far, you are not the only one who is puzzled!

It sounds like he is 'courting' you, has raised you from being a FWB to a lady he is making a special effort for. Or he could have decided it's best you are a friend rather than it be a sexual relationship.

Very confusing. Good luck with that one!

CrestfallenNoMore

I'll also chime in with no help. :laugh: This one is a doozy. I agree with spiderowl - it could mean either he's really into you and is "courting" you, or it could mean he just wants a friend.

Sit him down and ask him what's going on is all I can think of.

• Author
azsinglegal

Thanks for the replies. I might have a new job close to his house and 45 min from mine so he's offered me to stay there a few times a week, if I cook dinner and he'll train me at the gym in return.

Things just keep getting more and more odd with him. But I've decided to NOT read into it and just go with the flow. Would I have a relationship with this guy? Yup. But it wasn't what I thought he wanted so I wasn't putting any expectations or pressure on him for it.