??

nolagurl07

nolagurl07

Ok so my bf and I have been together since last november. Things have been going quite well we moved in together too. We both have our flaws. My bf was cheated on in his previous relationship so he can be quite jealous sometimes. One night I was going out with a friend of mine who invited a guy friend of hers to come too. My bf asked me if guys were coming and I was like uhh i dunno mite be gurls or guys not sure. I guess I did that because I didnt want to hear it. I know I should of been honest at the time. I ended up telling him that a guy friend was coming and he blew up and said I lied to him and that he would never trust me again the same. I told him I wasnt interested in this guy but it still didnt matter. He turned it into something it wasnt. I felt bad for lying. Ive appologized enough. We are still together we still tell each other we love each other etc. Its just i feel like he still punishes me and wont let it go. The other day I was at work and told him i was working with this guy and hes pretty cool. He started saying ohh u think hes cute n stuff like that. I just meant hes nice to work with thats all. I then told him im happy with u y would i mess that up and he said cuz i know u can lie. its like uhh will he ever let this go. I dont know what to do ive told him we have to get past this and learn to trust each other or else our relationship will be miserable. He said i do trust u just not to the same extent. i get it but geez how do we get past this i dont know what to do. He always thinks im going to leave him. I asked him if he was unhappy and hes like no im happy so i dunno i need advice.

if you know he's jealous why did you tell him about a man you're working with?

if you know he's jealous why did you tell him about your female friend's male tag along and then not invite him to go with the three of you?

here's advice: stop playing jealousy games or get rid of him and find someone else who responds to jealousy games the way you want them to.

• Author
nolagurl07

He asked who i was working with. We work in ems so we have a partner we work with each shift. I didnt invite him to go because he had work that night. I dont see how im playing games. Can i have some useful advice next time thanks..

there's absolutely nothing wrong with you telling him the truth like you did. You shouldn't EVER feel like you have to lie or keeps things from your bf because of how he might react. honesty is so important in a relationship and if you feel that it is too much of a hassle for you to have an argument everytime you're honest, ditch him. It's one thing to be jealous but it's another to be insecure and controlling which sounds like the direction this guy is heading in.

try to have a calm conversation with him next time something like this happens and be completely honest about your feelings and how you would like things to be. Communication is key and if you can't then it's not worth it.

hope that helps a bit=]