Girlfriend thinking of living with another guy

My girlfriend and I have been together for just under a year now. Things seem to be going great and we always enjoy being around each other. We've had a few arguments, but I don't think that's at all unnormal.

Recently she told me she was thinking of moving out of her parents house. The problem is she doesn't have the money to do that, and I live on campus, so living with me isn't an option(not that she really even suggested it). Instead what she told me a few days ago was that she was thinking of moving in with a guy friend she met online. I told her that I was really opposed to this and I think her moving in would destroy our relationship. She keeps telling me that there's nothing to worry about and that she only loves me.

As if this wasn't bad enough, she's not talking about moving down the street. She already lives an hour away from me, and the place she'd be moving to would be another two hours away. With a 6 hour round trip, i don't see how we'd be able to get together, but she keeps saying we'll be able to.

I'm not sure what to do anymore. Could something like this work if she moves in? Or would her moving in probably be the end for us.

She's Come Undone

That would never work for me. Obviously she is not taking your concerns seriously either, which pretty much foreshadows the future for you two.

ThisGirlNameKD

I think it's going to be the end of you both. Have you suggest to her to wait to move until she has the money? Are there any girlfriends she could bunk up with in the mean time? Or maybe this is a ploy to get you out of her life and into this new guy's life.

HokeyReligions

She wants to move in with a guy she met online?!

Sounds like your relationship is already over. Maybe she wants to keep you around as her safety net. I hope she checks this guy out first, that sounds dangerous.

My other thought when reading your post was, what is she doing talking with guys online if she has a boyfriend?

• Author

She met him online before she met me. We first got together last may, they'be been talking for like a year and half.

She wants to move out now because she's tired of her family constantly getting in the middle of her life and wants some freedom.

I haven't actually asked about her living with a girlfriend. He actually asked her about this, knowing about me, she simply responded "I don't know" and then began talking to me about it. The strange thing is he has a girlfriend as well and I can't believe that she accepting this(possible the girlfriend either doesn't know or doesn't exist)

I'm trying not to jump to anything unnecessarily because she still hasn't decided if she wants to or not, but it seems she's fighting pretty hard for me to be ok with it.

yea, I was kinda wondering about chatting online with other guys, too. But I suppose that could be innocent enough. That aside, this would be a deal breaker for me. Moving farther away and in with someone of the opposite sex that they met online? No. Not good.

Originally posted by Jeo123

Instead what she told me a few days ago was that she was thinking of moving in with a guy friend she met online.

OMG this is pure MADNESS.

She has never met him in person?

In this case do her a favor and if she seems serious about moving in with him inform her parents. She could end up without a home. robbed. abused. raped. even killed.

If they have first met online while she was with you, and not before she met you, as HokeyReligions wisely pointed out, what she was doing talking online with guys in the first place?

if they met in person, was this behind your back?

then, again, if they don't know each other a lot and he's offered her to move in with him, he's either a heavenly kind soul or a complete idiot or there has been at least some flirting on her side.

yes, I'm a suspicious bitch.

if she loves her as you said she wouldn't be doing this(unless she is very immature OR her IQ is a negative number).

it would be bad enough if she was moving away at a girl's place. with a boy? no way

• Author
Originally posted by Pyrannaste

She has never met him in person?

Actually she told me that she's going with her mother to visit her grandmother this weekend. She may see if he can meet them for dinner at a fast food place, just so that she can meet him with her mother there. Her parent's still don't know she's thinking of moving but I've told her she should tell them. She's going to tell them before she moves, but just hasn't done it yet.

Originally posted by Pyrannaste

If they have first met online while she was with you, and not before she met you, as HokeyReligions wisely pointed out, what she was doing talking online with guys in the first place?

if they met in person, was this behind your back?

She met him online first. They were friends for a few months before we got together. And she did tell me she was thinking of meeting him, it wouldn't be behind my back.

dangerouslydead

Let me put it more blankly for you....

Scenario One

An attractive girl is moving in with him. Pretty soon the two are watching television together and making breakfast for each other. I am sure he is a great guy or he will pretend to be a great guy!

One day there is small riff-raff between the two of you and she goes back home and tells him what a jerk you have been. He is all sympethetic and nice. Actually, he is really a nice guy and has "plans". She sleeps comfortably and wakes up in the morning and you two make up.

Now, I have been into relationships and I have been friends to peeple who were in realtionship. If a friend of yours is says something in anger or hurt you play along. That is what he does evberytime something goes wrong between tyhe two of you.

If I was the girl I would fall for a guy who is always looking at world the same way as I am. You Are Dead!

Scenario Two

He is a leech. You are Dead!

WARNING...WARNING...

Your relationship will either be over when she makes this move...or it will be in the "it would be BETTER if it were over" category. Her plans aren't taking you or your feelings into consideration. My condolences.

• Author

She said she's probably not going to be moving out. Apparently when she tried to call him last week so she and her mom could meet him, he never called back or answered her phone.

I don't like the fact that the reason she decided not to is because the other guy was an ass about answering his phone, but I'm going to try to work through this. I still think this can be saved, though i realize i may have to walk away because of this.

She has also stopped talking to that other guy.

dangerouslydead

Good for you. Just take the whole incident as a loud thinking. Do not try to read anything into this decision or you will rue it. there was nothing wrong with the whole incident apart from her effort to get free from her parents. try and make that happen. try and get her to move out of the house but see if there is any chance the two of you could move in together. Or maybe she can move to a girlfriend's place not necessarily hers may be even yours.