After making out several times, guy tells me about oral herpes?

NOsuchthing

I met this guy recently, we hit it off....you know how it goes. Both surprised by how much we had in common, almost identical backgrounds etc...I've been pleasantly surprised by how much I've been able to connect with him because I went through something really rough and haven't really dated in almost two years.

We have not slept together as it's only been a few weeks, but there have been a lot of park somewhere, talk, followed by super heavy make out sessions which have been delicious (didn't remember what I had been missing).

So to the topic,

He has expressed eager interest in me. Super attentive, calls and texts all the time, and you know, you can just tell when someone is crunchin on you...I on the other hand, though extremely attracted, have been much more cautious because of what I've been through and have kept it 'friendly'-----other than the heavy kissing and snuggling. There have been a couple things that are borderline deal breakers and I don't know that I want my first relationship back in the game to be a risky one. Straw that broke the camel's back was last night I noticed he wasn't being as physical as usual and not quite himself. He confessed, really awkwardly, that he has a recurring cold sore (herpes?) that he gets every few months in the same place and that he's more or less aware of where (or who) he got it from. He said it's been happening long enough and is serious enough that it's something I should know before things go farther. I was upset in the moment because I'm thinking we've been making out for a week so....................and not just friendly kissing I mean....MAKING OUT> So now I'm all freaked. I kinda just left quietly thinking that maybe he just wasn't into me and was trying to scare me away? But I got a host of texts last night convincing me of the contrary and him telling me how frustrated he is because he is extremely attracted to me and he gave all these reasons why he wants to spend the next few months getting to know me and on and on and on and how he fears this will be the ultimate deal breaker. How serious is this? Should I run? Because I've already got a foot and an ankle out the door...

bubble_pink

For your own health I would go and get your self checked and in the clear!

He should have told you from the get go! but that is easy to say for anyone who has not got a std or a sti.

He should go get him self checked ocasionaly and seek medical advice because it can get worse.

Any one i have finished with im straight to get checked and 3 months after checked again. and I ecpect the same of my partner if they want sex.