"Beautiful people only."

Disillusioned
The irony is that the two guys that formed this site are f'uglies themselves.

Maybe so... but they ain't broke! :p

But then she's a sweet girl but pretty shallow herself

Sorry, but that being said, she's not sweet....that's likes aying "she's an honest thief" lol

Maybe so... but they ain't broke! :p

Given that one of the common complaints about online dating is how the members look, I give them credit for seeing an obvious niche to build a business around. No idea if the site is successful (commercially or in helping people find what they want) but the basic premise sounds good.

They have dating sites for

Ugly People

Old People

Fat People

So why not beautiful people?

Because...

Yes people are upset just because.

It is ok I can go to a site geared towards race, size, and fetish but I am shallow if I go on a site based on looks. Oh come on!

Lady vs Panda
Sorry, but that being said, she's not sweet....that's likes aying "she's an honest thief" lol

How would you know? You haven't met her. How do you define sweet, or shallow? Plenty of people are both. My sister likes to date pretty boys and have fun, and wear pretty clothes, and she spends a lot of time making sure she's as pretty as she can be, and she only reads about fashion--okay. She doesn't like to think about anything too hard or depressing and she sometimes cares about form over function. She also bakes cookies and brings them in to her work for everybody, and she helps take care of our grandma, and she volunteers with premature babies at the hospital, and she has three little dogs because she rescues them from kill shelters.

Don't think you can tell me I'm not allowed to consider my sister sweet, especially if you have only one point of irrelevant throwaway information. People are way more multi-faceted than you want to give them credit for, even the shallow ones.

Lady vs Panda
Because...

Yes people are upset just because.

It is ok I can go to a site geared towards race, size, and fetish but I am shallow if I go on a site based on looks. Oh come on!

I'm not upset by it, but there is some difference. Sites for race/fetish/ size prefs have people of all races fetishes and sizes on them, looking for their "featured" preference. They're inclusive. Members on this beautifulpeople have to be voted in by their pictures, and they can be rejected at the start or they can be thrown out of the site later if someone decides they're looking a little chubby from eating too much Christmas cake, or if they start looking a little old. They get rejection letters, their membership is banned, even if they've paid for it.

I just wouldn't be interested in dating a man who was drawn to that, to voting on women's looks and having them rejected or thrown out because of a wrinkle or a flat chest. That mentality would make him ugly to me. Simple.

I'm not upset by it, but there is some difference. Sites for race/fetish/ size prefs have people of all races fetishes and sizes on them, looking for their "featured" preference. They're inclusive. Members on this beautifulpeople have to be voted in by their pictures, and they can be rejected at the start or they can be thrown out of the site later if someone decides they're looking a little chubby from eating too much Christmas cake, or if they start looking a little old. They get rejection letters, their membership is banned, even if they've paid for it.

I just wouldn't be interested in dating a man who was drawn to that, to voting on women's looks and having them rejected or thrown out because of a wrinkle or a flat chest. That mentality would make him ugly to me. Simple.

Maybe upest was the wrong word. However, "beautiful" may be just as much as a fetish, because seriously, who can actually judge this? I don't know why you are saying that if someone is a little chubby that they may not be beautiful. I don't know why you got the idea that I actually agreed with the site but it isn't any different from the other site.Point blank

Haha, people get rejected from eharmony everyday. I don't see anyone complaining about this <- lol

Although some were pretty, the Top 50 weren't really beautiful!

Wow, shallowness reigns..

*Eve uploads a couple of pics to see if she can get in, for curiosity sake* :laugh:

Take care,

Eve x

Lady vs Panda
I don't know why you are saying that if someone is a little chubby that they may not be beautiful.

I didn't say that. The beautifulpeople website says that, when it kicks people out for gaining a few pounds. I don't care if someone is chubby or skinny.

I also never said that you agreed with the website. I just told you how it was different, because you were saying it was exactly the same and I disagreed with that.

Maybe you are upset?

All I can say is this-what a great business idea!

You can charge more than a regular dating site would be able to, plus have the great advantage of feeling absolutely pitiless for taking their money. I honestly wish that I had thought of this.

You can charge more than a regular dating site would be able to, plus have the great advantage of feeling absolutely pitiless for taking their money. I honestly wish that I had thought of this.

Ditto..............

There are zillions of websites geared towards specifics, this is just one of them.

Race, Religion, Skinny People, Overweight People, ......

I wouldn't join any website that discriminated towards a particular group of people, regardless of it's content. You have the choice to join or not join a website based on your own criteria and/or what you feel comfortable with, so does everyone else.

Though, I can understand why some might feel "exempt" from websites such as this one, but if you're not concerned with joining, should it matter?

Lady vs Panda

Yes, it was a good business idea. And they're getting enviable free press.

Disillusioned
I think the ugly folks are jealous of us.

"Money is the revenge of the ugly on the beautiful"---the Real Tuesday Weld

They have dating sites for

Ugly People

Old People

Fat People

So why not beautiful people?

Why not failures?

TheLawmaker

Personally, it's no more shallow than the rest of the dating sites.

Eharmony disqualifies atheists. I suppose atheists should be offended at that.

TheLawmaker

Because the founder, who wrote that whole "test to get in", is a bible thumping Baptist. And he specifically wrote it, so that people who don't believe in God are rejected by the system.

I am a Christian, so I made it in, but didn't have much success anyways. Imagine if my soulmate was an atheist, and was rejected.

I wouldn't even attempt to join this site. Unless you're someone who's universally beautiful (such as Beyonce) then there's no point joining. That must limit a lot of the members. I may be considered attractive by most people, but I'm sure there will be people who don't think I am.:rolleyes: