I Want to Sleep With My Hubby's Friend

Agreed.

My man isn't possessive or jealous, but he has made it clear that sharing me with anyone is not his desire, and I'm glad. :love:

If he did want to share me, he wouldn't be my fiance anymore, because just like I don't want to share him, so I want to be his only as well. To me, sex is a part of love between a couple. Sex isn't a part of love between friends or family members. To cross those lines is just asking for trouble. There are some lines that if crossed, bring devastating emotional and spiritual damage.

Well said, butterfly!!!

According to Terry Gould's The Lifestyle: a look at the erotic rites of swingers, swinging began among American Air Force pilots and their wives during World War II. The mortality rate of pilots was high, so, as Gould reports, a close bond arose between pilots that implied that pilot husbands would care for all the wives as their own- emotionally and sexually—if the husbands were away or lost. Though the origins of swinging are contested, it is assumed American swinging was practiced in some American military communities in the 1950s. By the time the Korean War ended, swinging had spread from the military to the suburbs. The media dubbed the phenomenon wife-swapping.

Just more in a long list of reasons to wonder if men find an erotic charge over this practice. Since much of our sexual antics have been male driven, I don't know why anyone wouldn't at least ponder this a bit. It doesn't mean YOU want it, just that some do.

Just because a book talks about the history of swinging and wife swapping does not mean such practices are the norm. Your statement about the practice implied it was the norm among WW II and Korean Air Force pilots, which is just not true.

According to Terry Gould's The Lifestyle: a look at the erotic rites of swingers, swinging began among American Air Force pilots and their wives during World War II. The mortality rate of pilots was high, so, as Gould reports, a close bond arose between pilots that implied that pilot husbands would care for all the wives as their own- emotionally and sexually—if the husbands were away or lost. Though the origins of swinging are contested, it is assumed American swinging was practiced in some American military communities in the 1950s. By the time the Korean War ended, swinging had spread from the military to the suburbs. The media dubbed the phenomenon wife-swapping.

Just more in a long list of reasons to wonder if men find an erotic charge over this practice. Since much of our sexual antics have been male driven, I don't know why anyone wouldn't at least ponder this a bit. It doesn't mean YOU want it, just that some do.

And Spartans were huge fans of man-on-man, so much in fact, that before wedding, their were shaving brides (presumably so that she looks more like a man), not to mention gay action on constant warrior voyages.

And other book describes that Caligula probably was a fan of some bestiality with his horse.

And Nero was training 2 year olds to suck him off.

Point?

Edited by rafallus
Buck Turgidson

I don't know anything about swinging in the '40s, but organized swinging today is not male-driven. In swinging as in much of the sex-positive subculture, highly sexualized males are considered aggressive and rude and are somewhat shunned. Males who can't speak to swinging women with respect or behave crudely / aggressively are quickly kicked out of paradise. Women, not men, tend to run swinging.

• 4 weeks later...
If you are soooo in love with your husband. And he is your world and no one can even compare to him, then why do you feel the need to go outside your marriage? Your husband should be able to complete you in everyway possible. Right?

If you do this, then you MAY (I'm not saying you will) but you MAY lose this wonderful person for "just sex".

I can't disagree with this comment more. No one person can FULLY complete you. A marriage can't satisfy all of your needs. We all have a wide circle of family members and friends for that reason. And sometimes, the people we love romantically can't give us everything we need sexually, either.

She may well be very in love with her husband and feels he's the best overall. But that doesn't mean she doesn't crave variety or that she won't feel attracted to other men.

But I think this is a dangerous situation. If all goes well, she may find herself with two regular bed buddies. On the downside, she might find the friend falling in love with her and eager to try and get her away from her husband. If it goes badly, her husband might get jealous and it might bust up his friendship with his buddy.

I would advise against it, but it is nice to see a couple so open, honest and secure.

I would advise against it, but it is nice to see a couple so open, honest and secure.

If being willing to let your wife sleep with your best friend because she tell you she has the hots for him and has an "animalistic I want you NOW" feeling for him is supposedly "open, honest and secure", then according to you those of us that would never allow this are not "open, honest and secure". I beg to differ. We would never allow it because we are honest enough to know that this is playing with fire and could endanger any relationship. That is the real honest truth and to say otherwise is actually dishonest.

Miad's Princess

The OP didn't come here to ask for permission and whether she should or shouldn't...so I don't know why some people here get there knickers in a twist....

At the end of the day what matters is what the OP and her husband think. Whether strangers on the internet agree or not..