Friend zone for sure ?

Hallo,

I am 33. 2 months I meet someone to learn languages. A girl age 35 to have conversations.

When I met her, I was not attracted. At the 2nd date, we started talking about our interests and she was clearly flirting with me.

I responded with a cold flirt, only some quick looks.

She demonstrated her interest in me, she invited me to attend clubs, art galleries or simply to meet and talk.

After 1 month of few dates, we had some deeper flirting. She showed me her interest by smiling, looking at me, and didn't refuse my approaches made of touches and hugs.

After some more dates, I finally kissed her. We spent passionate hours together but only kissing and lovely hugging. She was more on the "tender feeling" than the "sexual" side.

The same day when we kissed, she said "My life is quite complicated. I am not free, I just quit a short relationship and I am confused and had some troubles. I really like you, it's not up to you".

Yet I was quite disappointed, I said her not to rush and just see what would happen.

She replied again "I really like and appreciate you, but on an amicable level.".

After that we met 2 more times in a month. She often contact me and says we can do something nice together. Then we don't meet for days.

She also said "i prefer my freedom and my indipendancy, we can be real good friends."

I replied again: "Let's not limit it on the friend zone, i like you, no rush and just see what happens".

I know for sure that she don't flirt with me anymore, she was very clear.

What is strange is this fondness about a friendship. We were not friends before. We met only 2 months ago and not so often.

She got issues about a possible relationship that i have never asked. I only showed interest.

I treat and date her like a friend, i don't flirt but let her know that i like her and have some feelings.

I am not in love with her, but i could let it go and fall.

I mean, the fact that she has issues about a possible relationship with me, is a sign that she's really confused ? Does she show that with the friend zone ?

I have to wait and hope or she is just not attracted and that's all ?

Thanks.

buster2209
I mean, the fact that she has issues about a possible relationship with me, is a sign that she's really confused ? Does she show that with the friend zone ?

I have to wait and hope or she is just not attracted and that's all ?

Thanks.

Sounds like she has self esteem issues and needs to validate herself by having guys taking an interest and pursuing her.

Once they do this and she gets her pound of flesh, then she's onto the next sucker to start all over again.

She sounds like a huge bag of crazy. I'd stay well away!