Should I tell him how I feel now after all this time?

Wonderingwhatnow

Wonderingwhatnow

Ok my story is a little complicated...

I met this guy at a Dave Matthews concert two years ago. We just watched the show together and ended up exchanging numbers. Somehow we became the best of friends. I have dated meanwhile but never found something worth getting into. It's almost like since I am such good friends with him and we do all kinds of things together, I never really needed that emotional connection with someone else. He kind of replaces the need for one. I know him better than anyone. But for some reason, I have never wanted anything to come from it . He always has and we have had a quite a few complications in our friendship because of it. He just never gives up. He gives me everything and I don't want him to. It's not because I can have him so easily but that I just don't have that attraction to him. Something has always been missing. I know I have hurt him so much in the past by telling him that it will never happen. He just said he couldn't let a women like me go even if we were only friends forever. He said that he knew that he meant more to me then I knew, (which actually pissed me off at the time) and that he would wait forever if he had to. He has been around so long that he knows my parents, my sister and all my good friends. He really is the sweetest guy in the whole world. He does everything a guy should and ten times more. I see the way he feels about me everytime we are together.

I have told him it will never happen and hurt him so many times doing it. I have just always been honest with him and told him the truth. I feel bad for letting him be my good friend for this long and knowing what I meant to him.

Here's the dilemma...

I don't know what has been happening lately but I just want him so bad. It has been driving me insane. This has never happened before in all the time I have known him. It just seems strange to me that all of the sudden I want him more than anyone. I am kind of afraid to trust it myself, let alone tell him about it. I have waited it out for a little bit now and my feeling for him still hasn't changed. Should I let him know? I am afraid if something changed, I will hurt him sooo bad....I have never wanted him before But now it's all I can do not to attack him....It's strange......Any Advice????

Sorry this is so long

Do you want him physically...or the whole deal? Yes, this could hurt him a lot if you have a brief physical affair and don't take it further. On the other hand, he is presumably an adult and as long as you are honest and fair with him, he needs to do the primary work of guarding his emotions. Based on what you've said, I would be tempted to tell him of my interest and explain how I want to explore possibilities while reducing chances for either of you to get hurt.