"There could be something there"

What does it mean when a guy says "there could be something there?" i know it's vague and it could mean a lot of things but do guys usually mean that as "there could be spark?" or "there could be potential relationship?" Im just confused as to what it could mean?

This guy told me he really likes me and i told him i really like him too but he hasn't really asked me out yet. We did hang out with a group of friends and when we got some alone time, we finally had our first kiss (passionate kiss). As far as communicating, he doesnt really call or text either. I text him once in a while because im really shy and he could be very responsive, depending on what we're talking about. I was really confused so i talk to his bestfriend to ask what's going on. The bestfriend told me that the only thing the guy said is that "there could be something there."

So i dont know what to take that as. Should i wait? Let this go?

What does it mean when a guy says "there could be something there?" i know it's vague and it could mean a lot of things but do guys usually mean that as "there could be spark?" or "there could be potential relationship?" Im just confused as to what it could mean?

This guy told me he really likes me and i told him i really like him too but he hasn't really asked me out yet. We did hang out with a group of friends and when we got some alone time, we finally had our first kiss (passionate kiss). As far as communicating, he doesnt really call or text either. I text him once in a while because im really shy and he could be very responsive, depending on what we're talking about. I was really confused so i talk to his bestfriend to ask what's going on. The bestfriend told me that the only thing the guy said is that "there could be something there."

So i dont know what to take that as. Should i wait? Let this go?

If he doesn't contact you within the next few days, move on.

If he doesn't contact you within the next few days, move on.

Under certain circumstances, this could be a terrible move.

From the sounds of it, I'd venture to say you're kind of young-- probably highschool age, or maybe a bit of college. If that's the case, maybe the guy doesn't know how to "work" things yet. Is shy himself in contact. Doesn't know if he should, when he should, what he should say, etc. Maybe he simply is having a difficult time doing so?

If you are indeed in an "adult" age, then maybe you should move on after a few days. Then that means he might genuinely not be interested in you.

Does that make any sense?

• Author
Under certain circumstances, this could be a terrible move.

From the sounds of it, I'd venture to say you're kind of young-- probably highschool age, or maybe a bit of college. If that's the case, maybe the guy doesn't know how to "work" things yet. Is shy himself in contact. Doesn't know if he should, when he should, what he should say, etc. Maybe he simply is having a difficult time doing so?

If you are indeed in an "adult" age, then maybe you should move on after a few days. Then that means he might genuinely not be interested in you.

Does that make any sense?

We are both in our early 20s. I dont have much experience in dating, ive only been with one guy (my ex) and we lasted two years. As far as him, i believe his last relationship was beginning of college. I just have this natural tendency to wait for guys i like because i hate living with the "what ifs" in the back of my head unless i know for sure nothing is gonna happen. But i have been waiting for this guy for quite some time now. So i dont know what to do.