Jealousy w/ boyfriend over other girl

xxbrokentoyxx

[font=times new roman][/font][color=darkred][/color] My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 8 months. We started out in the relationship rocky but deeply in love, i was on guard with him though. Now we're planning on marriage and a life together and we've been living together for about 6 months now. Recently his bestfriend starting seeing/ hanging out with this new girl. Well my boyfriend and her have a lot in common, specifically drawing and guitar etc. Well i know my boyfriend loves me but i see him looking at her, and it feels like my hearts being torn out. She's the kind of girl i knew he liked before we started dating. The hippyish sort of look. I dont know what to do to counteract the jealousy. I cant loosen up when she's around because im always on edge looking to see if my boyfriends looking at her. Its stressing me out so much, and i dont know how to compete. Please give advice, this is so painful.

Always

Jenn

Being loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. -Lao Tso

So, she draws and plays guitar. But that doesn’t mean she's half the woman you are. There are obviously some qualities you have that made your boyfriend fall in love with you, otherwise there wouldn't be any discussion of marriage.

Instead of comparing yourself to this other girl, and automatically labeling her as competition, try to befriend her. Getting close to her may keep any imagined female rivalries at bay. If your boyfriend seems ‘smitten,’ (real or imagined) it will be difficult to get around both you and this girl’s boyfriend, particularly if the two guys are best buddies.

Try not to imagine what isn’t there. If there is some unspoken attraction between these two, than you’ll know it soon enough. Meanwhile, remain confident and friendly and pay extra special attention to your boyfriend when you get home. ;)

Remember, there’s one thing you’ve got that she doesn’t….HIM! :D