long-distance FWB friendship

hi - i have had a male friend for about 2 yrs and we just met for the first time physically over a month ago and then we really liked each other and then he came out to see me again just this weekend. we were having a good time so far but yesterday, we got in a fight cuz he said i was being argumentative over stuff and we had been drinking, but we weren't drunk, and then we started arguing over the tv remote playing around at first (as silly as that sounds) and he claimed when i tried to grab it off of him, i scratched him and he got mad and left for the rest of the night. i was worried sick and didnt even know i did that to him and he didnt come back until 2:30 and he isnt from my area. so this morning, i tried to talk to him to fix the situation he was mad at, but he really wouldnt talk and just said he has had a great weekend until we started arguing and i was unpleasant, tho i never was truly trying to be. he wasnt supposed to fly out until tomm, but when i got a shower shortly after we spoke this morning, he left a note saying "thanks for a good time in a great city, always, (his name)......and took his stuff and left. also he did tell me this morning he did have a backup plan to leave so he wouldnt make me uncomfortable by staying the remainder of the weekend....and i said he wouldnt be, i just wanted to talk, but it leads me to beleive he made those plans last nite when he was out. im just sooo confused cuz i like him. i couldnt beleive it and im so heartbroken and frustrated that he did that w/out trying to work things out. ive tried texting and calling and he isnt responding to me......our first visit was so awesome and this one was too until all this happened - can anyone please tell me what they think of why my situation ended the way it did?

thanks - so sad

• Author

p.s. AND he has expressed he really liked me and we texted and talked for a month by the time we booked another plane ticket to come see me. thats another reason i can beleive he left like this

any ideas?