What's your definition of love?

Don't know if this has been asked yet, but I've been thinking on it a while and I'd love to hear some others' thoughts:

What's your definition of love? It could be as it pertains to a romantic relationship, family members, friends, kids, or even just your pets. They're all different, but what is it that makes it all the same? Floor's open!

zarathustra

Love is the felt need to care about someone else, but with feeling, passion and a powerful sense of bonding. Love is the union of attachment and desire.

sportsloving

Love is like being told you can eat the cheesecake for dinner :love:

I've never been in love so i don't know for sure but here's a quote i heard once:

"Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. It's trust, responsibility, taking the weight for your choices and feelings, and spending the rest of your life living up to them. And above all, not hurting the object of your love. Multiply that by infinity, and take it to the depth of forever, and you will still have barely a glimpse."

I'm not sure i'll be in love but i can imagine.

• Author
Originally posted by Aonz

"Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. It's trust, responsibility, taking the weight for your choices and feelings, and spending the rest of your life living up to them. And above all, not hurting the object of your love. Multiply that by infinity, and take it to the depth of forever, and you will still have barely a glimpse."

I don't agree with that...sounds a lot like co-dependence. Love does transcend words, yet we say it all the time, sometimes to the point of losing sight of what we mean. In a general sense, I think it's wholly spiritual, a deep connection between two people or things. I love my cat to death and I know he loves me, but I don't think there's a lot of passion and desire. In a romantic relationship there's more of a bond, with some good ol' sexual energy thrown in.

Originally posted by katy_katt

I don't agree with that...sounds a lot like co-dependence. Love does transcend words, yet we say it all the time, sometimes to the point of losing sight of what we mean. In a general sense, I think it's wholly spiritual, a deep connection between two people or things. I love my cat to death and I know he loves me, but I don't think there's a lot of passion and desire. In a romantic relationship there's more of a bond, with some good ol' sexual energy thrown in.

As I said I don't know for sure as I’ve never experienced it, well not in a romantic sense anyway. I believe your right though maybe love does transcend words.