Slept together and now we don't seem to talk AS much

Hi everyone.

Basically back in December, I met this guy through work/school and we became really good friends. We'd sit together in our class and text and talk casually a lot. I had a boyfriend up until a couples months ago, but to be honest, I found myself attracted to this guy friend for some reason or another. Just to be clear, he is NOT the reason my boyfriend and I broke up. However, he told me that he had feelings for me and felt as though I was reciprocating them, which I said I did.

So anyways, we grew to know each other throughout the whole school year despite me having a boyfriend and as soon as me and him broke up, we began talking more frequently about what 'could be', I guess you could say. I didn't really want a relationship from him or anything. One night, we went to go have drinks and before we parted ways, he kissed me. We kept talking and then one night I agreed to go over and as soon as I got there he kissed me again and I resisted his advances to go any further. Then before I knew it, we were having sex and before I told him not to judge me because I'm really not the type that typically has sex easily plus I felt more comfortable since we had knew each other for so long. He was affectionate afterwards, and wanted me to stay the night but I couldn't.

We still talked a lot, but it's been about a week and I've noticed that the last couple of days I'd have to initiate contact or he'll just stop the conversation, those sort of things. I know he doesn't owe me anything but I feel slightly hurt that he's not as eager to talk to me... or so it seems, maybe I'm overreacting. I still have no intentions of wanting a relationship with him but I also don't want him to want nothing to do with me either...

Any insight into my situation?