Should I Break This Off?

Well....I met someone online 2 weeks ago. He lives in another state and we've already talked on the phone. He's 15 yrs my senior....and becomes jealous of other men. I mean...he's only known me for 2 weeks and we talk alot...He's told me that he's going to come take me on vacation this summer and he'll say stuff about our future...saying how I'm his future wife. I think he's too forward for someone I just met. Do you guys think I should just break this off?

DayumNiccaPlay2Much

Wuzzup.. naaaa... break it off.. u only talk'd ta him on tha phone. Its makes no sense.. sure you guyz might think yall ku wit eachotha.. but break it off homegurl.

15yr old...riight.. take tha advise.. like Tha Roots.. 'Comin ta Break ya Off'

Up to you...do you want to break it off? Or would you like to try and see him and get him to slow down? If you want to break it off, do it. If not, perhaps give him a chance to slow down by telling him that he's making you uncomfortable by moving so quickly.

If he already feels this strongly towards you and you don't return those feelings or see any chance of it, better let him know.

• Author

Well...I want him to slow down. I mean...I like him...but he comes on strong at times. He'll talk about stuff that makes me feel uncomfortable. I did say something yesterday like, "Hey...I've only known you for 2 weeks!" This is right after he told me we've been going out for a month....and I was like, "No..." It's just like he seems to want more out of this than I do right now. I'm afraid to say something like, "Let's chill out" cuz then I'll break his heart and might lose him as a friend...cuz I know he wants a relationship out of this .... I just don't want to hurt him....but I don't want to lead him on. :( Ugh. I need some motivation. I don't want to feel like a bad person.

Coming on too strong too soon is a red flag, IMHO. Guys like that are dying to be 'in love' and, basically, it's just "insert name of (any eligible candidate) here".

afraid to say something like, "Let's chill out" cuz then I'll break his heart and might lose him as a friend.

Got news for you. This guy will never be a friend. He's already planning your future together. That's not friend territory. Cut him off and try someone else.

Originally posted by kgal

saying how I'm his future wife.

Oh gawd! What about how many children you are gonna have?

I think he's too forward for someone I just met.

Very forward!

Do you guys think I should just break this off?

Yes, you should. This is a major turnoff. My goodness -- this poor soul hasn't even met you yet and is planning both of your futures.

~V

• Author

You guys are right....but its just hurting him that hurts me. I know that if I dont say something soon I will only hurt him more in the long run...but its letting him off in a way where he's not brokenhearted .....I wish it were possible. Ugh......

Thankyou all for your help!