What do I do with her?

I have been friends with this girl for around ~6 months. I first met her in college and everything between us has been platonic until last month.

All of a sudden, I'm getting a lot of buying signals such as

- Touching my arm a lot

- REALLY big smiles, excessive laughter

- Dressing better

- More compliments from her

- Wants to hang out specifically with me alone without our other friends

- Looks sad when I mention my ex girlfriend

This is odd because she has a boyfriend and she is generally a very reserved person. I don't know if she is now attracted to me or is just very comfortable

What should I do?:bunny:

susanfollows

Girls play this game, it's called emotional leeching. She'll use you for the emotional interest her boyfriend doesn't give to her and try to fill in the missing pieces. That's why you feel so strange about it like she's flirting, because the boyfriend should be doing all the stuff you are, etc.

My advice is tell her you are only interested in non-serious dating (FWB) and tell her to lay off everything she's been doing up till now. She'll pretend to be shocked but don't let that change your mind you're a MAN with a sex drive not a doll. I've seen my girlfriends play this game with so many guys and one happened to be my good FWB so I told her if she ever messes with his mind again I'd come over and beat the **** out of her.

Good luck

• Author

Thanks for the advice!

In the end, I imagine she just thought that she was harmlessly flirting. I'd be shocked to find out that she wanted to emotionally use me. She's a rather good girl.

What are the signs of "emotional leeching"? I'm rather curious now

It sounds like she is definitely attracted to you and probably likes you too but she has a boyfriend.. so what can you do.. just be friends.

BeyondtheClouds
It sounds like she is definitely attracted to you and probably likes you too but she has a boyfriend.. so what can you do.. just be friends.

But don't let her get in the way of your meeting and dating other women.