about my feelings

I asked a friend of mine to hang out, mostly to go out and eat a few times. Can she misconstrue this as a date? So as that, I keep telling her to see other guys. We haven't spoken to each other for a while, so should I ask her to hang out even though I try really hard to convince myself that I don't like her?

The problem is, don't think of me as a jerk, but I just see her as a buddy most of the time when we hang out. But when I don't see her , I start to miss her and think about her romantically, so I'm really confused as to whether I missed her because I like her, or I miss her because I haven't seen her in a while.

Also, she said that after she's done her job, which is the end of June, she'll call me to hang out. But she hasn't. That's what I'm so confused about. Should I call her because I like her romantically, or because I should call her because we haven't spoke in a while as friends.

The two are not conflicting: you can get them feelings for friends and still like them as friends.

Just learn to manage your feelings yourself. If she doesn't feel the same way at the same time, it's okay. You feel a bit down for a bit, then you let it go and you get on with life. If she does feel the same way at the same time, great! Have fun together.

Life is organic and feelings flow around and in you like currents in the sea.