From FWB to GF back to FWB

Hello! I have been friends with this man for almost a year. He is ten years older than me and has just had a divorce. After hanging out several times we developed an FWB situation. I was fine with it, but after a while I developed feelings so I stayed away from him in order to separate those feelings. One drunken night, I texted him how I felt towards him and he said he just wanted to be friends. A week after that we picked up the FWB again. This time though he went on and on about a relationship with me. I told him no because he had just told me we were friends. About three weeks ago, he asked memto be his girlfriend. Since I still had those feelings, I said yes. I then met his parents and grandparents. Last week he started acting different and called me his friend. The next day I texted him " So we are just friends now?" He replied with "'We are just FWB. Why?" So I replied "You said you wanted more and asked me" He said he does want more and it will come in time. I am lost and confused now. Last night, I texted him " thanks for asking me to be your girlfriend and then revert back to FWB again." He hasn't texted back. Also, he texts or emails me constantly every day, says he misses me and asks me if I miss him. This situation is confusing and out of control now. I can handle the FWB situation but he is the one that put all of this emotional side to it now. Now I do not know what to think, do or act. Any thoughts or advice please?

east coast edward
Hello! I have been friends with this man for almost a year. He is ten years older than me and has just had a divorce. ......I can handle the FWB situation but he is the one that put all of this emotional side to it now..........

How long ago was he divorced, and are there children involved?

It is possible that he is still emotionally confused following his divorce. Rather than take it that he's ambivalent toward you I'd tend to seek out your own feelings and act toward them. If you love him, tell him, but let him reconcile his own (probably genuine) feelings toward you and his own emotional weakness.

On things that men do, and bottle-up is to feel inadequate emotionally following a relationship failure. He's probably beginning to feel that he shouldn't fall for you, because having failed once that would be unfair on you. Also, he may want to commit but has lost the will to do so.

Surely, its all about communication.