Is this bad or is my jealousy getting the better of me?

[font=courier new][/font][color=indigo][/color]

ok. i've been with my boyfriend for a year now and apart from 2 mini bad patches everything has gone amazing, we r each others first loves and we seem made for one another. We have NEVER had an arguement cos we get on so well. You know how guys r sposed to be all against commitment and the future of 'us'? well hes totally not. he always talks about us moving together (we're only 16 right now) and talks about how he never wants us to be apart. This weekend i was round his and he asked to read the messages on my phone. No problem cos they r all from him n my girly mates anyway. So i asked to read his (purely to cringe at how stupid i sound and to read my own messages). When i opened his inbox there were messages from his ex... and his ex's best friend. this alarmed me slightly cos i care so much. He asked what was wrong and i said that i just thought it was a little weird that he was texting his ex..... and her best friend when he hadn't text me for weeks. He said that was i saying he couldn't have friends any more? He said that they were just two of his good friends and why shouldn't he text them.

I know i have a really bad jealous streak - i always have. He said that i was getting stupidly jealous over nothing. Am i? am i really just being stupid and should i let it go that hes texting other girls and never texts me?

Really it changes nothing between us cos we still love each other n stuff. its just that he seems to be completely unaware of things that hurt me. Until like last month he hugged other girls at school. I couldn't stand it any more so i mentioned how much it hurt me but said i didn't want him to change just 4 me. So now he doesn't hug girls cos he thinks first. ARGH i just find it real weird that hes close with other girls. Is that normal or is that just silly? please reply x x x

You have every reason to feel the way you do. I am very jealous of my boyfriend, but he also doesn't go around hugging other girls, or talking to his ex. You both are very young. I guess you have to ask him how he would feel if you were conversating with your Ex, or hugging other guys. I always say don't do to others, what you wouldn't want done to you.

• Author

to bethyboo: I asked him those things and he said that he would probably be unhappy if i were to do those things: before i went out with him i hung around mainly with guys. i stopped this wen we had been together a few months cos it was a little more serious and i didn't want to worry or hurt him. I don't text my male mates anymore or really talk to them as much. I just knew how i would feel if he was mates with girls and hugged them and text them. but to him its ok to hug n text cos its innocent - and i know it is and i trust him. its just odd that hes close with other ladyeees. x

I personally wouldn't be able to deal with my boyfriend being close with other ladies. I know that trust is the most important thing in a relationship, I have a hard time with it sometimes. He should be able to have friends, but where do you draw the line. It sounds like you are a bit more mature than him and you have respect for his feelings. He is not respecting your feelings if he continues to do what "he knows" hurts you.