I'm new and I need help in a situation

Hi I'm 18 I am new to this website. I read a lot of replies and I'm Impressed. I will like to start off with my first topic, and I would like to here replies from as much members as possible.

I have met this girl, she is 17 about a year ago, and she is just amazing. when I first saw her she gave me a big smile and waved at me. We started to talk a lot for a good while and exchanged hugs. I even wrote her a letter to tell how I feel( I also told her in words from my mouth also) and she told me and her friends I was real nice and sweet. Then, I really messed up, i'm kind of shy I was being passive. I never asked to hold her hand or gave her a kiss. Then we never saw each other after a while. Now after a year since I've first met her, and she is still beautiful. I've been seeing her lately but we have said anything to each other. She looks at me sometimes as if she wants me to talk to her, but I'm still trying to get over the frights. I got my self together but I hope its not to late. I'm trying to do something from my heart, I've bought her a birthday present but haven't given it to her yet. its ring but not expensive abouot $90( I 've got a job so thats not too much. When I got home I thought about sometihng, should I give it to her, what she takes advantage of me. Can I get any advice, what should I do? I can use all the advice I can get.

I think $90 is an expensive present for someone who's not a close friend or partner.

I'd be a bit freaked if someone bought me a ring before we even went out too.

Why not just give her a birthday card and write your no in it and ask her to call you if she wants to go out sometime?

Good luck!

reasontosigh

As for the ring, it would probably make a great Mother's Day gift!

• Author

Thanks for the advice, the more i thought about it, its not worth it. Ill ask her out again, If she says yes i can wait a Later time to give her a expensive gift, if she says no there was my answer. I would like her to like my personallity not my gifts. I'm gonna return the ring.

If you feel you would like to give her a gift.

I would burn your favorite CD.

thats real cool.

i still like it.

average guy

I agree, giving someone you hardly know an expensive gift is a bit odd. It'll either make her think you are a stalker or she may go out with you because she thinks you are rich - neither is a good solution.

Do something nice and fun instead - get some friends to play backup while you serenade her singing "Happy Brithday"! Go for a walk in the park, to a muesum, get to know her, and then maybe give her your present this Christmas if all goes well :)

Cheers,

A.G.