Facebook, weird to send request when you spoke only once?

Facebook question:

How fast do you send a friend request to someone you just met?

Strictly platonic, I met a guy at a party over the weekend and we had a nice chat. Is it weird to send him a request although we only spoke once? We had an interesting conversation and I'd like to get to know him more. He even took a pic of us together.

davesoprano

Lol It’s not weird at all. At least you HAD a conversation with him so that does count for something. I know a lot of people who add people to their friend list just for the sake of popularity and most of them don’t even know themselves like that, they were mostly hi and bye type of friends, which doesn’t really make them friends if that’s all they say to each other but they still considered to have each other as friends on facebook anyway.

Who knows, it might even be what he wants, to get to know you better but might’ve thought he’d sound pushy if he sent you a friend request on facebook, because when a guy asks for a woman’s phone number (or like in your case, send a facebook friend request) a lot of women usually get the idea in their head like “is he flirting with me?” or whatever nonsense. Or maybe it never crossed his mind to have you as a friend on facebook, but that’s not to say that he feels like he can’t relate to you enough to consider you a friend, the thought just didn’t cross his mind at the moment that’s all.

If you happened to have his number, that’s even better than all this facebook crap but oh well. I guess you’ll know once you receive his confirmation