On Again Off Again Friend

copperhead246

I've been dealing with this guy for a year and recently ended things because he kept getting back with his ex. we recently went away together on a weekend trip where he packed his bags and left his ex (i didnt know they were together) and spent the weekend with me. he finally came clean that they had been together and when we got back she ended up taking him back within weeks so I got sick of it. he told me that he loves her and can't live without knowing what their relationship would be if he altered his behavior and really gave her his all. he says he has no plan to leave her unless things don't change and he's giving her til december to do this...i'm not holding my breath or waiting around but i'm just curious if anyone can give a little more insight. do you think he'll actually ever leave this girl?? he told me if i never asked him if they were together again he wouldn't've told me that they'd gotten back together...but then he claims he's going to stop cheating on her which makes no sense because he wouldn't've stopped seeing me and he's still trying to see me now....:bunny:

I think he's lying, but that's just me. Honestly if someone would have told me that he wouldn't have said they were together if I didn't ask then I wouldn't be able to trust them.

• Author
copperhead246

thanks for responding lol i was beginning to think no one would what part do you think he is lying about?? getting back with her and really working on it? or leaving her?? yeah it is hard to trust but since i am attached to him already i'm so filled with delusions...i'm trying to wean myself off of him little by little i can't wait til the day i can look back at this situation and laugh:bunny:

He might be lying on the leaving her part. Honestly I probably would have believed him that he was leaving her, but that whole I wouldn't have told u unless u asked me part done did it, I would be wondering what else is he lying about that I don't even know of cause I'm not asking. I know how it is wanting to trust a guy cause you have feelings. I wanted to trust my ex with his ''no I'm divorced. She's not my wife anymore" yea sure buddy. What a liar he is. But anyway, I mean I don't know this guy, so I don't want to say he IS lying, but I would keep my eyes open on that one.

• Author
copperhead246

thanks ill keep you updated they have been back to fighting and stuff non stop every time he talks bout this chick it's something negative...not in a way of him trying to just bash her something but just like him being upset but i guess he is still "trying" to give it a shot...who knows only time will tell wish i wasnt so impatient:bunny:

Wow, this guy sounds like a disrespectful, noncommitting jerk. I hope you don't wait around for him to do the same to you.

He has nothing to say but negative because this way he can string you along. Who really knows what goes on when he's at home alone with her.

If he were truly trying to give it a shot, he'd start by not bashing her, he like having his cake and eating it too. If he believes that saying these things to you, will keep you waiting, he's gonna say them.