Does he like me?

This guy I know chats with me online everyday for several hours (he initiaties). I'm not sure if he likes me? We hang out one-on-one whenever I have time (I'm pretty busy); sometimes right after we hang out when we're back on our computers he'll chat me again even though I just saw him (is that weird)? He once asked me about my ex and then he told me that his problem is he doesnt really fall for anyone until they become friends first, but then he doesn't know what to do because he doesn't want to risk the friendship (I'm not sure if he was hinting at anything - he followed this up with an example of someone in the distant past). Ugh I don't know what to think - his actions could go either way? I wouldn't spend time talking for hours with someone everyday unless I was thinking about them, and try to hang out with them all the time, but I've heard some guys just do that with people who they're friendly with? :confused:

Mathematics
This guy I know chats with me online everyday for several hours (he initiaties). I'm not sure if he likes me? We hang out one-on-one whenever I have time (I'm pretty busy); sometimes right after we hang out when we're back on our computers he'll chat me again even though I just saw him (is that weird)? He once asked me about my ex and then he told me that his problem is he doesnt really fall for anyone until they become friends first, but then he doesn't know what to do because he doesn't want to risk the friendship (I'm not sure if he was hinting at anything - he followed this up with an example of someone in the distant past). Ugh I don't know what to think - his actions could go either way? I wouldn't spend time talking for hours with someone everyday unless I was thinking about them, and try to hang out with them all the time, but I've heard some guys just do that with people who they're friendly with? :confused:

As a guy, I have spent hours talking to girl-friends (not girlfriends) online with no attraction to them, other than friends. I wouldn't read much into that.

What it his body language like? Does he flirt?

Eddie Edirol

As a guy, I never, and dont know any single guy who spends that much time talking to a single woman without making some kind of move. So yes, I think he likes you, but is trying to get you to make the move...thats where the "friends first" line comes in. Some guys think it makes a woman want him more.

On the other hand, if hes not making a move, he could already be involved with another woman and is lining you up as a backup. But is he isnt interested in you, he wouldnt be spending THAT much time.

• Author

He's really really shy when it comes to dating/flirting (we're pretty nerdy and come from super conservative backgrounds). He said the one time he tried to flirt with his friend in college it blew up in his face and she got hurt/stopped talking to him/etc so he told me he's really afraid to make ANY move on any friend having been burned by his first (notso romantic) foray into romance. He told me, "i feel like this is the type of thing people learn in high school but I never did"... so pretty much he's never made a move on any girl since then due to fear. No other girls as far as I'm aware... but no flirting either. Just a lot of time spent with each other, a lot of rly deep conversations, and a lot of unexpected attention, and hints about his shyness. How perplexing. >.<

Mathematics
He's really really shy when it comes to dating/flirting (we're pretty nerdy and come from super conservative backgrounds). He said the one time he tried to flirt with his friend in college it blew up in his face and she got hurt/stopped talking to him/etc so he told me he's really afraid to make ANY move on any friend having been burned by his first (notso romantic) foray into romance. He told me, "i feel like this is the type of thing people learn in high school but I never did"... so pretty much he's never made a move on any girl since then due to fear. No other girls as far as I'm aware... but no flirting either. Just a lot of time spent with each other, a lot of rly deep conversations, and a lot of unexpected attention, and hints about his shyness. How perplexing. >.<

I can't tell. Is he always shy with everyone, or just you? If it's just you, then he likes you.

frenchtelephones

I think this guy likes you. I've been in this situation twice (chatting super intensely with guys) and in one situation I learned that the guy had deep feelings for me and in the other the guy definitely had some feelings for me. I mean, to me it sounds like this guy likes you and is dropping a bunch of hints in the hope that you'll make a move. The more important question is whether you like him or not :)