What does this e-mail mean to you?

I've been seeing this guy for awhile. I am totally and completely in love with him. The other day I got a phone call while he was there and it was from one of my guy friends. I lied and told him it was my girlfriend. It was stupid because he's never given me any reason to want to lie to him. The problem is not him its me. I was married for a long time to someone who could not respect that women could possibly be platonic with men and therefore I developed an automatic reaction to not wanting to divulge information about my phone conversations to my husband. It sucks I know. I apologized to this guy and explained the situation to him but have yet to hear from him. The paragraph below is what he sent me on Saturday regarding what had happened. Its kind of confusing to me. Any help is appreciated.

It was the phone call you got when I was there this week (wed)..... It wasn't that he called even after you said that you didn't give your number to just anybody.....after all I was there with you so what possible difference did it make....I could hear his voice and that didn't bother me. I know I'm not the only one that calls you....When I asked you who it was you didn't even stop to think....you said it was, Sylvia or some girls name....I could hear it was a man and he was asking where you were going to be at NIOSA....you said it would be easy to find you because you were one of a kind...Im not a jealous person but it started to bother me later that you felt the need to not be truthful with me about who it was.....something else to work through I guess.........The secret to winning is something only a gambler understands.................................................................

Sounds like he has doubt even about your explanation. Even if it is true. He is questioning you now.

BUT like he said, "something else to work through, I guess."

Work it out with him. :)

Have you given him other reasons to doubt you? Saying

something else to work through I guess
sounds to me like ya'll have had more problems than just this....whatever you do you should just be honest if you have nothing to hide then what's the problem?