I know I'm ok being one of her best friends because I love and care for her but...

The problem is she's my ex gf from 10 years ago, and later became an gf again 2 years ago then back to ex, and gf/fiance again a year ago, back to ex a month later. So now here were are one year later. Talking again, but not dating. And I've expressed my feelings for her...several times, not just saying it, but showing it. My homie's gf tells me that my ex fiance still likes me if she texts me everyday; true possibly?

It's because we talk daily, usually by text. Via text because she normally only calls one of her friends on the phone. However, once in a while she'll call. Once in a while, I'll meet up with her (and we always hug), not too much though because I usually stay active doing different things if not at work, like working out each day, etc. So, once in a while I'll get daily "good morning" texts or "goodnight" texts, or if not, maybe a "how's your day going?" This then leads to conversations that last 10-15 minutes to a hour or more, consider that there is transit time for the texts to be sent and time to write the text (that all takes time). We've discussed getting back together, but it's more like, friendship could lead us there. At times, I get afraid and get the idea to shut her out, because I know I still have feelings for her and I want more, and I'm unsure of it I'll end up stuck in the friend zone...when she could sense it, she pleaded with me not to shut her out as a friend. Now, here's the kicker... My homeboy's gf says it's bulls***. She says "if she's your ex, she was gonna marry you, and she talks to you everyday then she still likes you. She's just covering it up under this 'being friends' thing." In fact, she calls me "one of her best friends." I don't know, what do you think?

Before any assumptions are made ---- No, she never left me at the altar. I initiated the break up, because the relationship was not growing. So, I broke off the engagement, for I was too hurt to do anything else. A month and a half later I was dating someone else, another ex gf and playing daddy role to her daughter. I broke up with her in three months. And for the last year, I did not date. I had sex with three women though. I just realized a couple of months ago, however, that I was starting to think about my ex fiance again. I started to want her back bad. Now, I can only get as far as "one of her best friends". Yeah, I want more than that...

frenchtelephones

Well, considering she was the one who was dumped (at least the last time you two called things off) it seems perfectly plausible she could still have feelings for you. I mean, since she wasn't the one who chose to end things she could very well want to go back to whatever you two had before you broke up. Of course I can't say for sure whether she still has romantic feelings for you, but judging from your post she seems very dependent on you, and very afraid of losing you.

I don't really understand why you broke things off with her at all. What do you mean when you say the relationship wasn't growing? How would you want it to grow? And do you think it has potential to grow in that way now? If this factor is still important to you and you DON'T think the relationship can become what you feel it should be, then I think you need to settle for being just friends. Attempting to win her back only to break up with her again would be too hurtful.