No contact?

I'm on day 1 of no contact with my ex..

We've been broken up for like, 5 days. We'd been together for 4 months. The reason was trust issues. I lied to him our entire relationship, it didn't involve cheating, but it made him miserable all the same. I apologized, whole-heartedly and all, and he even wanted to stay friends.

So through these few days of being friends, we texted constantly, like usual. He's been coping with his own ways that I would never do, I don't condone it.. And he told me he isn't hurting anymore.. but I still am. Yesterday, he told me to chill, and I told him to lie to me so I could move on. He told me he didn't love me. I asked why we wouldn't work anymore, he told me because I was being clingy. So I backed off.

A few hours of not talking to him, I dropped by his house for a second, sat in the car while he brought me my glasses that I had left at his place. I gave him something, he said thanks very nonchalant. So did I, and then we left. That was the end of that.

Later in the evening, we hadn't talked in about 45 minutes, he was at work and started texting me about how awful it was. I wanted to comfort him so badly, but instead of doing it the girlfriend way, I did it jokingly in a friend way. I wasn't helping him. And then we got onto the subject of trust, and he stated quite bluntly that he still doesn't trust me at all. I asked how we could be friends then, and he stopped responding.

An hour later, he texted me about how he felt he was failing at his life. He's 19, not in college, thinks he has a lack of friends (even though I assured him countless times that I'm here for him..) and he has kind of a crappy job. Again, I wanted to comfort him. But instead.. I told him I was considering the no contact route, maybe it would help us become better friends.. He said "Oh. If you want." I told him I didn't, but I wanted what would help, because he wouldn't give me a clue. "Yeah, cuz I don't have one to give you" was his response. I asked him if he wanted me to cut contact. He said "If it's what you want." I pressed him further, he said "For sure" this time. And then I asked yes or no? And he said "Yep." So we said our goodbyes, mine probably a lot more pained than his.. And that was that.

A minute later, I made a post on Facebook about how I felt lost, but I had hope we'd be okay. While a friend of mine (he doesn't know most of my friends) were chatting through the comments, my ex makes a comment, neither negative or positive, just a comment. I questioned what he meant, and he responded twice more and then just stopped. But I could see he was still online through the chat.

This morning, I made another post about being very tired. My friend jokingly commented again, saying something along the lines of "Exercise. Get buff and then beat him up." I deleted the comment and replied, "No, Trevor. Try again. :P" and my ex liked it.

Why hasn't he deleted me off of Facebook? No contact was his choice.. Should I delete him? I don't know what to do. I was hoping this no contact thing would make him miss me.. So that's why I don't know if I should delete him or not.