"I'd definitely be interested" + texts me + "but I'm with someone" = ?

mavlast

Yesterday I met this feisty girl behind the counter of an ice cream parlour and gave her my number in a creative way. She said she was planning to do the exact same to me, and she actually texted me later. We flirted for a little while and then she told me that she thought I was cute and was "definitely interested" but that she's with someone. So I said "Ah, okay. Well, you have my number. Nice to meet you!" ... and then she continued talking to me.

Of course that doesn't mean that she wants anything, but how should I take this? Would it be okay to text her later?

Yesterday I met this feisty girl behind the counter of an ice cream parlour and gave her my number in a creative way. She said she was planning to do the exact same to me, and she actually texted me later. We flirted for a little while and then she told me that she thought I was cute and was "definitely interested" but that she's with someone. So I said "Ah, okay. Well, you have my number. Nice to meet you!" ... and then she continued talking to me.

Of course that doesn't mean that she wants anything, but how should I take this? Would it be okay to text her later?

eh.. you mind end up in some kind of crazy love triangle

Ruby Slippers

It sounds to me like she's looking to cheat. If you are OK with that, then proceed. If not, disregard and move on.

• Author

Well, call me unprincipled but ... I might be up for a little adventure :)

However, I told her that I was still in college and "leaving tonight" and haven't gotten anything since. So maybe she's just abandoned the idea. Or maybe she was with her man friend. It was at like 1am so hard to say.

• Author

Not going to lie ... I think I may be up for a little adventure :)

However, she hasn't texted me all day, since last night when I told her that I was leaving for college today. So perhaps she figures it isn't worth it. Or maybe she's been with the man himself all day :) I sent her a little text today ... maybe I'll just give her a nudge in a few days, like "Hey, I'd still like to talk if you're up for it" ... and then forget it if she doesn't respond.

• Author

Oops ... double post. I'm not just trying to bump, goddamn (I mean, those blessed little angels of) admins gave me a posting delay for hurting their feelings, so I wasn't sure if my first one submitted.