"How Much Physical Attraction" spin-off: question for men.

kiss_andmakeup

kiss_andmakeup

Hypothetical question for the sake of discussion. Let's say there are two women interested in you.

Girl A is somewhere in the 7-8 looks range (whatever that is for you personally)...pretty enough for you to be attracted to her, but not perfect or drop-dead gorgeous. However, you have a lot in common with her, and she's intelligent, down-to-earth, non-materialistic, and kind.

Girl B is what you would consider to be a 10 looks-wise (again, whatever you personally consider to be a "10"). However you have significantly less in common with her, and her personality traits are less desirable than Girl A's.

Both appear to have an equal level of interest in you. Who would you rather be with?

• Author
kiss_andmakeup
be with tomorrow or be with 6 months from now?

that pretty much answers the question...

I suppose I meant more for a relationship, not just a one-night-stand kind of deal. Sorry, should've clarified. :)

Girl A, but if Girl B starts pouring on the attention and flirtation it's real hard to keep a clear head for a guy who isn't used to having 10s fawn on him. Have been in the exact choice situation you decide and made the wrong choice. Lost the more desirable girl A for good and the girl B turned out bad news.

Definitely Girl A. Of course if I could have the looks of Girl B and the personality traits of Girl A, that would be perfect! But I say Girl A because I have only dated few (if any) girls that are show all those traits and when I have met girls like that, I get a lot more pleasure from getting to know them better rather than seeing a drop dead gorgeous girl. :p In the end, the personality of Girl A would raise her attractiveness in my eyes - honestly, there is nothing more satisfying then meeting a girl who I really, really click with.

Girl A, without a doubt. 7-8 looks wise is still pretty darn attractive. And in the end, compatible personalities are the most important thing.

And to be honest, the 10 with the sh*tty personality stops being a 10 after a while and more like a 2...

Edited by USMCHokie

men are not terribly different from women when looking for relationship material kissandmakeup, the only difference is more men will persist casually with someone they have written off to try and get laid before they disappear on her, whereas women obviously don't do that.

and just as with women, men's minds can be changed with examples like Girl B. if she is honest, confident, fair, and all of those other positive traits yes she can become more attractive as time goes on, because it's hard to throw out the good when there's so much bad out there in the dating world.

I'd need a BJ from both before I could make that decision. ;)

No, seriously, Girl A. Looks are not the most important thing.

looks in the 7-8 is quite good. she can be a 10 in someone's eye.

but if looks are below 5-6, then that will be a harder choice to make.

Honestly, I would pick girl A. However, the traits of girl B are a bit vague. Is she still a nice girl, but with more average intelligence and a a few flaws or a raging b*tch? I mean I met met an honest 10 at the wedding of a family friend. She was the most obnoxious, pretentious, self-involved b*tch I ever met and even though she was interested in seeing me again I passed. She simply made time out with her painful (while also insulting me... apparently I was only a doctor while she was a social work MANAGER). Most of my gfs fall into the girl A category because I simply can't deal with people like that.

This question has been asked hundreds of times on LS. I mean one would have to be an idiot to pick #B. The only way to get a true answer would be to have #A and #B standing side by side for these guys to actually see them.

While I want my romantic partner to be as attractive as possible, I would have a very difficult time relaxing around girl B. I'm far from a "10" myself so I would not stand up very well against most of the competition that would be constantly showing up. I would just as soon not deal with that . . .

Hypothetical question for the sake of discussion. Let's say there are two women interested in you.

Girl A is somewhere in the 7-8 looks range (whatever that is for you personally)...pretty enough for you to be attracted to her, but not perfect or drop-dead gorgeous. However, you have a lot in common with her, and she's intelligent, down-to-earth, non-materialistic, and kind.

Girl B is what you would consider to be a 10 looks-wise (again, whatever you personally consider to be a "10"). However you have significantly less in common with her, and her personality traits are less desirable than Girl A's.

Both appear to have an equal level of interest in you. Who would you rather be with?

In my past, it would be Girl B...now it's Girl A.

The reason is that I've chased many "hot" girls who did not share much in common with me and thus things went badly. My fiance has much in common with me (especially in lifestyle) and thus we click well.

NOW...if Girl A was in the 1-4 range, then I'd instead take a chance with Girl B. Sorry to be shallow, but if I can't find her attractive physically, then I would rather be alone or chance it with a potential flake. I don't fault women for doing the same.

girl A.

personality goes a long way with me. girl A could easily jump to a ten if we work well together, and girl B could drop to a zero if she rubbed me the wrong way.

I tried, but couldn't make any sense from 1-10 rating anymore.

If one is physically stimulating, and other is not, the stimulating one wins. It is not said that 10 would be stimulating one, if you talk about 1-10 in terms of aesthetic beauty - as life verified in my case. "Personality traits" claim is also ambiguous and it is not clear whether that disadvantage of girl B is on the level of "minor annoyance" or deal-breaker.

If both are stimulating, then it's pretty easy pick of girl A.

Edited by rafallus

Depends how much less in common, and what particular personality traits.

If girl B had a short temper, no sense of humour, or low sex drive, I'd choose girl A.

If girl B was untidy, not ambitious career wise, or sometimes not too bright, and we still had enough in common to enjoy spending time together, I'd choose girl B. Because the difference between a 7 and a 10 is a lot in my book.

I would introduce them to one another and suggest a threesome.

EasyHeart thinks outside of the box.

I think womne project their own vanity and shalowness on Men, men arent nearly as shallow as women think we are

Most of us want somebody we are attracted to that we also have a connection with

Feelsgoodman

For a short-term casual relationship, Girl B. For a serious relationship, Girl A.

*Caveat: Girl A must really be a 7-8, not a 5-6.

** Caveat #2: I assume that by "less desirable personality traits" you mean that Girl B is a bitch, gold-digger, etc...not that she's merely less intelligent/educated than Girl A.

ThsAmericanLife
I'd need a BJ from both before I could make that decision. ;)

Ok, even *I* laughed out loud on this one...

Someone needs to invent a machine that accurately tests this skill for both men and women... (Hmmm... I'm an engineer... maybe I've found my new calling??)

Even better if it gives active coaching on how to improve one's method... an oral sex robot... I know, sounds boring... but might help those poor virgins out there get a leg up!! He/she could pass around their 'robot' driving test results on their online dating profiles. Oh WAIT! Maybe we can make THAT a requirement for online dating sites too (ha ha). Oral sex robot test results...

ThsAmericanLife
men arent nearly as shallow as women think we are

Most of us want somebody we are attracted to that we also have a connection with

Prove it!! Email a pictureless woman on a dating site (if you use them).

Prove it!! Email a pictureless woman on a dating site (if you use them).

Most men won't but then again neither would most women. If men are shallow then so are women. As for the question of course I would pick A. Simply good looks are not much when that is all a woman has to offer.

Yep, girl A for me, too. A 7 or 8 is still very good looking, so it's an easy choice.

You make a good point. I wonder what happens if we make that 7 or 8 a 5-6.