Need insight on a new man

Hey everyone I had posted this in another thread which didn't elicit many replies, perhaps it was in the wrong cateogry - would you all please read this thread and give me your thoughts on my situation? Here goes:

I met a guy several weeks ago, after bar close. Intoxicated as I was, I decided to tell him I thought he was really attractive, he wanted my # and texted me the next day, added me to facebook, and suggested hanging out sometime. I am typically used to guys calling/texting frequently, which was never the case from the get go. I've never been one to initiate calling or texting a guy I just met, for some reason I feel that this is a guy's responsibility. I didn't hear from him again until Friday (I met him Saturday night/Sunday morning several days before), he asked to do something, but I was out of town and suggested doing something the following weekend. He agreed and we texted off/on that night and a little the next night. I think I may have heard from him the following Monday/Tuesday but didnt' hear anything again until Friday when we finalized our plans to do something.

That Friday, he came over to my place and we decided to get drinks - especially since we had not really hung out before and sometimes alcohol helps ease tension. We really hit it off, he kept telling me I looked so beautiful and would rub my back a little. We both ended up having too much to drink and he ended up spending the night at my place (you can take a guess what all happened). The next day he was so sweet to me, telling me we should hang out sober, maybe do something during the week, that he wished I didn't have to work that day and he would've wanted me to go to his place that night etc (I couldn't due to work). I heard from him a little more this past week (only texting of course) but he never acted out on asking me to do something during the week. I never brought it up and I also never tried texting him first or calling. I had told him it was my birthday this past weekend and he said he would join us all in what we would do...

On my birthday he texted me saying happy bday beautiful, wrote on my wall saying happy bday gorgeous! I asked him to meet some of my friends and I out, he replied "we'll see". I didn't know if he was going to come but he ended up meeting my friends and I out that night and of course told me I was beautiful etc. We texted throughout that night and a little the next morning - sweet texts telling me that seeing me made his night and he wants to do something again soon. That same night, I invited him to go out with my friends and I, he didnt want to. I didn't beg him to come, just told him I thought he would have fun and it was sat night! He eventually decided to come out with us, we brought the party back to my apt and he stayed the night (nothing happened that night). When we got up the next day we talked alot, alot about growing up, he called me beautiful/gorgeous/told me not to change anything about myself (alot of girls are insecure so it was pretty nice to hear that!). He also told me I need to learn how to do certain things (skate, cook, etc. for him). He didn't want to stay here too late and left before noon. He had said he would call me later and I joked around saying "you NEVER call me!" and that I expected him to now! I decided to text him shotly after he left and we sent just a few texts back and forth, but I haven't heard from him since an hr after he lft my place yesterday and he never called.

I'm SO entirely confused on this.... I don't understand the little communication and why he would say he would call then didnt

It's been a day. Slow down. If he doesn't call for the next few days, it's because he's lost interest. But again, it's only been one day so far. Lots of things could have come up to keep him busy.