Should I move on?

RenderedUseless

RenderedUseless

I started talking with an old friend/girlfriend about 7 months ago after four years out of each others lives. It's been nice talking with her again and she asked me out a few times but I politely declined. When we finally decided to go out, she met one of her other old boyfriends and talked with him awhile.

After feeling nothing romantic about her for the past 7 months, I admit I felt a bit jealous inside, but didn't let it bother me nor did I mention anything to her.

We went to a movie a few weeks later and spent the whole day and night together, having a good time, talking and laughing and getting to know one another again. She seemed to show some interest. Like saying it was nice to see me again and hoped we could do it again when her 8 year old daughter wasn't home and hinted to other plans in the future.

Here is the thing. We are just friends, but while at her place I noticed some beer in her refrigerator, the same brand that her old boyfriend drinks, which tells me she started spending time with him after seeing him while out with me.

I'm not really sure how I feel about her but kind of feel hurt that I apparently was just a ride for her that night as she rekindled a friendship with an old flame.

I would like to possibly have more with this girl, she is one of those people I can talk to about anything with...as a friend....but I'm wondering if she is a player? She had a reputation of having lots of guy friends...some with benefits, before and after our break up....I guess I don't want to be just another guy in her life again, where a relationship can't be built because she has other guys in her life? Should I just move on, become scarce for awhile or try and continue the friendship to see where it goes.

visualbasicide

Man I would be very careful with her, did you bring up the beer? Nothing worse than someone thinking you are stupid. See what she says about it. That might give you more to base everything on, but judging strictly from her history (recent too I'm guessing), I would probably keep her in the friend zone or move on.

• Author
RenderedUseless

No, I didn't mention the beer to her, it didn't really bother me but it did confirm my suspicions from our first night out. As friends, there isn't much I can say without starting a fight.

Just weird that she'd go out of her way to continue to call me for 7 months and than this starts. We really seemed to have a good time this past Saturday. It felt like old "good" times again. We laughed, flirted, talked, everything was good, but when I left on Sunday morning I started thinking about that beer in her refrigerator...she doesn't drink beer and it being the same brand as her old flame or fling from long ago.

The real weird thing is she seemed genuinely excited that I called her and made plans with her for Saturday. So I'm not sure what to do now.

visualbasicide

Well it's up to you whether you want to take it anywhere, as long as you both like the idea of you two heading down that 'couples' road then it's cool, but once you two make that choice you need to tell her up front about how you feel about old boyfriends. As far along as you guys seem to be, you are both still technically fair game, so you can either stay that way, back off or go forward.