Ex and the gym

Doug

Recently got dumped after 3 months. In pain but been there before many times.

We share kickbox classes 3X per week. Monday she did not show after I suspect her friend called her to tell her I was there.

She turned me on to these classes. I want to continue taking them for myself, not to see her. I did look into other classes but nothing nearby.

I will be courteous and polite if I see her. Nothing more.

Any thoughts/comments?

Thanks

If you enjoy the classes- don't quit. Obviously she is the one having a problem seeing you- and since you are no longer responsible to make her happy- let her be the one to find another class. If she still want to be involved in the class that you are in- do just as you said- be polite but otherwise leave her alone if thats what she wants. If she is as mature about the situation as you appear to be- things will go smoothly- and you might end up being friends before too long.

"Kick"-ass! Jenna

Recently got dumped after 3 months. In pain but been there before many times. We share kickbox classes 3X per week. Monday she did not show after I suspect her friend called her to tell her I was there. She turned me on to these classes. I want to continue taking them for myself, not to see her. I did look into other classes but nothing nearby. I will be courteous and polite if I see her. Nothing more. Any thoughts/comments? Thanks

Hi Doug,

Sounds like you're handling things quite well. Keep doing the things you enjoy; her preferences and comfort are no longer your concern. As long as you've no malice in your going (and it sounds like you don't), no problem.

Have a good time in kickboxing.

Stick with your classes and be courteous and polite to your ex, but no more.

If she doesn't show up to class again, don't worry about it. Look out for yourself and your work outs.