Long-distance relationship.

Phil

I'm really worried here, what I was always careful of happened to me, I fell in love with a girl in America. I live in England. I was always worried it would happen. I'm 18 and single, and so with meeting new people on the net I was never worried that I might develop feelings for them, but I new that if they lived outside my country it would cause problems.

I've been talking to this girl for over 4 months, we chat online and e-mail each other everyday. We've talked on the telephone a few times too, for hours. We sent each other pictures too. I love her so much, and she tells me she loves me too. We said that we will meet next April, in Chicago. She lives in Michigan. We get on great, we're good friends as well as being more than that, and I don't mind leaving England to be with her forever, but my parents might, they think I'm just going on holiday. But they're not the problem. We're from different worlds, and we've built up a big relationship without ever being physically around each other for a day, or at all. So would our relationship be as strong after really meeting each other? Also, she has been in a relationship for 5 years when the guy cheated on her, is she just on the rebound? She's 25, she was married to this guy but just divorced him. Can a long-distance relationship continue when 2 people who love each other from far away meet? I really need advice. Thanks for you time,

Phil.

Phil,

Good luck, questions of the heart are never easy. I think there are some issues that come with anyone who has been in a marrrige. Even though you two seem to be very much in love, you will find there are differences that will arise because of your age difference. Also, when you come to the USA, that is a huge commitment (on both parties).

These are things that can be overcome. Your heart should be your guide. True love is a treasure, not often found in this life.

I caution a man of 18 though, there is much life that you haven't experienced that will help make you wiser.

As you can see there is no set answer that any of us can give you. I will say that a man who hasn't risked something, hasn't lived. Whether your decision turns out to be successful, or if your heart is hurt. You will be stronger and happier for the experience. Good Luck!

I'm really worried here, what I was always careful of happened to me, I fell in love with a girl in America. I live in England. I was always worried it would happen. I'm 18 and single, and so with meeting new people on the net I was never worried that I might develop feelings for them, but I new that if they lived outside my country it would cause problems.

I've been talking to this girl for over 4 months, we chat online and e-mail each other everyday. We've talked on the telephone a few times too, for hours. We sent each other pictures too. I love her so much, and she tells me she loves me too. We said that we will meet next April, in Chicago. She lives in Michigan. We get on great, we're good friends as well as being more than that, and I don't mind leaving England to be with her forever, but my parents might, they think I'm just going on holiday. But they're not the problem. We're from different worlds, and we've built up a big relationship without ever being physically around each other for a day, or at all. So would our relationship be as strong after really meeting each other? Also, she has been in a relationship for 5 years when the guy cheated on her, is she just on the rebound? She's 25, she was married to this guy but just divorced him. Can a long-distance relationship continue when 2 people who love each other from far away meet? I really need advice. Thanks for you time, Phil.

I've been talking to this girl for over 4 months, we chat online and e-mail each other everyday. We've talked on the telephone a few times too, for hours. We sent each other pictures too. I love her so much, and she tells me she loves me too. We said that we will meet next April, in Chicago. She lives in Michigan. We get on great, we're good friends as well as being more than that, and I don't mind leaving England to be with her forever, but my parents might, they think I'm just going on holiday. But they're not the problem. We're from different worlds, and we've built up a big relationship without ever being physically around each other for a day, or at all. So would our relationship be as strong after really meeting each other? Also, she has been in a relationship for 5 years when the guy cheated on her, is she just on the rebound? She's 25, she was married to this guy but just divorced him. Can a long-distance relationship continue when 2 people who love each other from far away meet? I really need advice. Thanks for you time, Phil.

It sounds like you really treasure the relationship you have with this girl right now. The fact that she just got divorced means she might not be as ready for a really serious committment as you might be. As for the physical aspect, I think it's better that you have connected on the mental part. Sex will always be there it's whats left afterwards that keeps a relationship going!!

Monica-Keep smiling!

SHANEL (HELP!!)
Love is a beautiful thing but when your love is miles away it is hell.

This guy i know and love lives in L.A. and i live in sandiego, we see eachother ever weeken and holidays, one of my friends of overthere says that he has a girlfriend which is true and that he does not want to go out with me because of the long distance.

HOW CAN I PROVE TO HIM THAT DOES NOT MATTER?