One month without him, I had an epiphany of sorts.

Unrequitedlove

Unrequitedlove

Today I read through our text messages and I noticed things I didn't notice before because I was too blind to.

I shifted back on each date of the text messages; feeling what I felt and thinking what I thought when my I-miss-you's and I-love-you's suddenly weren't returned, when there were excuses as to why we couldn't see each other, and how long it took for him to reply back to my text messages. It hurt me deeply at the time, but now, I'm angry. I won't be angry for long, however.*

He once said that you don't run away from those that you love, you stick by them. You grow and change with them, you don't leave. He did the absolute opposite. He didn't love me then, and he never will.

I am slowly recovering and coming to the realization that I do deserve better. I want to think it'll happen sooner than later, but I will not look. I will just live. I am breathing and that is a gift in itself. Love is just a perk in life, and every mistake I make, I'll learn from it. We'll never really know what love is until we lose it, until we cry from it, until we die for it. I will forever refrain from using that word to describe my feelings for anyone, until I feel that burning desire that consumes me, and doesn't dwindle over time.*

I have made the same realization that you have. It hurts to feel so connected to someone who isn't feeling the same in return.

But, each morning that I wake up without him I am one day closer to finding the man that will love me, and stick by me. For that, I am grateful each day.