FWB, did he catch feelings?

Wishful Thinker

Wishful Thinker

Okay, so me and this older guy that i have known for a little over a year now has agreed to a physical relationship and he made it very clear to me that he didnt want a relationship and told me not to catch feelings.

Even though i have had hidden feelings for him for a while, i still managed to take what he told me into consideration and not let my feelings get too much involved.

We have been in this FWB relationship for about 3 months now and i recently started dating someone. (Im not cheating on him though). I called my FWB and told him about the guy and he seemed quite jealous and asked if i ever think about him and asked if my feelings for this new guy made me forget all about him.

I could be mistaking, but it seems like he caught feelings for me. Wishfully thinking, i think that he had feelings for me all along and only told me that he didnt want a relationship only because he never knew that i liked him and thinks that i probably wont. Also thinking he told me not to catch feelings because telling a woman that, she eventually will.

He is 43 and he says things like "you got a new boyfriend and you forgot all about this old man" so i know he thinks that he is too old for me and maybe it even bothers him.

He also told me that if he was looking for a relationship, that i would be the girl he would chase after....he nicknamed me "Dream" because he looks at me like im his dreamgirl.

Im just confused, because i really care for him and would love to let this relationship evolve into something more...but i havent shown him any feelings and i wonder if thats why he has not taken a chance with me. He also says things like "a closed mouth does not get fed" and "you never know unless you ask, you can only go off of what people show you".

Does he have hidden feelings for me as well? If you think so, then why would he only ask for a physical relationship?

Okay, so me and this older guy that i have known for a little over a year now has agreed to a physical relationship and he made it very clear to me that he didnt want a relationship and told me not to catch feelings.

Even though i have had hidden feelings for him for a while, i still managed to take what he told me into consideration and not let my feelings get too much involved.

We have been in this FWB relationship for about 3 months now and i recently started dating someone. (Im not cheating on him though). I called my FWB and told him about the guy and he seemed quite jealous and asked if i ever think about him and asked if my feelings for this new guy made me forget all about him.

I would not think to deeply about what he is thinking. It may not even be jealousy about you, other then the new guy may take priority to your FB sessions. Falling for the nickname Dream is silly, he probably uses the line and name for other FB past and present. I would be careful playing these games. He may be all about the competition, ask you to be exclusive and then become bored once the fish has been hooked and toss it out.

I could be mistaking, but it seems like he caught feelings for me. Wishfully thinking, i think that he had feelings for me all along and only told me that he didnt want a relationship only because he never knew that i liked him and thinks that i probably wont. Also thinking he told me not to catch feelings because telling a woman that, she eventually will.

He is 43 and he says things like "you got a new boyfriend and you forgot all about this old man" so i know he thinks that he is too old for me and maybe it even bothers him.

He also told me that if he was looking for a relationship, that i would be the girl he would chase after....he nicknamed me "Dream" because he looks at me like im his dreamgirl.

Im just confused, because i really care for him and would love to let this relationship evolve into something more...but i havent shown him any feelings and i wonder if thats why he has not taken a chance with me. He also says things like "a closed mouth does not get fed" and "you never know unless you ask, you can only go off of what people show you".

Does he have hidden feelings for me as well? If you think so, then why would he only ask for a physical relationship?

I would not think to deeply about what he is thinking. It may not even be jealousy about you, other then the new guy may take priority to your FB sessions. Falling for the nickname Dream is silly, he probably uses the line and name for other FB past and present. I would be careful playing these games. He may be all about the competition, ask you to be exclusive and then become bored once the fish has been hooked and toss it thoughtlessly.

I am in a weird FWB no although we have yet to do the deed, meaning intercourse aspect. But it is also safe because we are LD. Anytime I have ever slept with someone, they have become a serious boyfriend, a leech of sorts. I am now ready to blossom and stop allowing the boyfriend occurence.

It sounds like this person liked you but not enough for a relationship and now that he hears you're seeing someone he's getting jealous because he now sees you as more of a challenge and mostly likely shows more interest because it can turn into the mentality of him "wanting what he cant have" if he is now only showing interest once you're dating someone it's most likely jealousy and now he knows that he isn't the only one competing to be with you it somehow has raised your value up in his mind.

Since he didn't like you enough to commit to a relationship but just wanted the benefits without the strings I wouldn't even waste my time. I wouldn't be surprised if he shows signs of interest with now knowing you're seeing someone because it just brings out wanting what he cant have and if you decided to drop this other person you're seeing and weren't seeing anyone else he would most likely go back to just wanting sex out of you and nothing more.