Too shy to go after girl I like

NBAOrlMagic0601

I am so confused right now with this girl. Ok, She is like the hottest girl in school. Man.. she is so gorgeous.

Well here's what I need help on. I need to know if she likes me or not?

Ok, Listen. She thinks I'm cute from what I've heard from people. And I had detention with her one day and I think she looked at me alot, but her friend was behind me so maybe she was lookina t him. Then the day after I saw her in the hall, and she stared back directly at me for atleast 5 seconds. Me being a idiot looked away. I'll regret that for the rest of my life. Then on Friday she was walkin down the hall with her friends and I was like 10 feet away from me and she looked back at me and when I looked up to look up at her she turned her head. Does she like me?? I've heard she liked me from one person, but too positive on that. Can anyone help me? I need to know if this girl likes me, because if she does I'm gonna talk to her.

Nick

Trippitaka

Don't be worried about looking away. When you like someone the natural thing is to look away after prolonging the eye contact for slightly longer than you usually would. Five seconds is a long time and I think that may possibly say something about her interest. The key thing to look out for is when she looks away does she then look back again a moment or so later?

All seems as positive as it can do with a limited amount of info to go on. If you've heard she thinks you're cute then that's also gotta be a good thing too, huh? You have to take the plunge right now and speak to her. You may not be able to pick up much more from her body language, etc, until you do. It may be awkward, but strike up a conversation. As you are at school together and have detentions together, etc, this shouldn't be too difficult as you have an easy way in - a common interest if you like. Ask her about some work that you may have or remark on what a drag detention is.

When you do speak to her, watch and remember each movement she makes and the way in which she says things. If you come back with your findings I'm sure we'll be able to help you interpret some things.

• Author
NBAOrlMagic0601

Alright. Thank you for your help. I will do so and keep yall posted on it.

Nick

RedneckRomeo

when people dont know each other too well, or one of the two parties is shy, eye contact may happen for a split second before they look away. I'd say usually ANY eye contact shows she is interested in some way - but whether that would just be for friends, or something more - the only way you can find out for sure is to go talk to her, and get to know her better.

In my experience, I know my crush likes me in some way or another - but whether she wants to go out - I cannot tell from just watching her. I'll need to actually ask if I want to get any farther. When we first met, I took a liking to her, and I'd watch her from afar while she wasn't looking, but when she'd look my direction, I'd turn my head so as not to convey the idea that I was staring at her - but it was just a reflex, as I'm sure everyone else knows I was, and she finds out. After I got to know her better, I got more comfortable with eye contact, and though I still dont like to get caught staring, I love it when she looks at me and I'm looking right back at her.

If you've heard from fairly good sources that she thinks you're cute and might like you - its probably true. You dont usually hear that from more than one person if its not true, because she's probably talked about you to them, and the friends are trying to encourage you to talk to her maybe?

Just watch how she acts around you, and talk to her so you can get to know her and whether she's just being friendly or if she really likes you.

• Author
NBAOrlMagic0601

Excellent Advice Redneck Romeo. It takes courage to talk to someone I don't even know. So it's gonna be kinda hard for me, b.c I'm shy. I'll think of someway to talk to her. The problem is, is that she is around people all the time, and rarely alone. It's like I can't get a chance to talk to her. Does anyone else have anymore Suggestions?

Nick

RedneckRomeo

Is there any way you can somehow do more with her? Sometimes just being in the same places will give you opportunites to talk to her more. Become friends with her friends? Talk to her about a school project, or just complain about a teacher/professor in a light and humorous way.

I know it will be hard, but becoming friends might be the first step to becoming something more. I know this all too well. In the past, for me, it hasn't worked out too well, but as of today, I'm confident I'm in a very good place. Having something in common, however slight, might be the key to breaking the ice and becoming more than just an acquaintance. Things like school activites or summer job might be good ideas.

Old crushes of mine always seemed to be ones who I did something with - One it was a co-worker in a relatively relaxed summer job, another was a girl I met as a visitor at my school and I saw her about every Friday for some activities, another one was a girl my one friend brought along on a trip who ended up doing a lot of stuff with us, and then there is the current one who I knew from a long time ago. I went to class elementary school and in the small school it was, we became friends, eventually lost touch, then got back in touch and now I'm crazy about her. I go have fun with her all the time and support her band, so thats how I find time to talk.

My first conversation with most of those crushes just came from being aroudn each other and feeling bad to just sit there and be silent. It got more comfortable eventually, and things progressed - either for good or bad results.

Bottom line - just find a way to be around her, and eventually someone will break the ice and you'll find out if you can be friends or not. Sometimes it works, but unfortunately sometimes it doesn't. But you won't know until you try.

• Author
NBAOrlMagic0601

hmmm....sounds good. I'll have to figure out a way to be around her more to get a chance to talk to her. thanks again Romeo

Nick