support for people,in rural area?

aziza

Hi is there a site or phone number for help for people in rural areas?

My husband and I are seperated but I'm still being threatened unless I do what he wants. I have no acess to money and I'm unable to drive. I live in a town of thirty people and I just movec here. He was suppose to come here to till things went south. He will pay for my dogs because we ran a rescue together and I have them. He may or may not help with rent.

We have been married 8 years he said I can only get allimony if we've been together for ten is that true?

You apparently have internet access. Do you have a phone? How is police service handled for your area? As an example, where I live there is no police force, but the county sheriff handles law enforcement. Is there a church in your area?

I live in California and I can tell you my exW received alimony from her 2nd exH and they were married less than eight years from wedding to point of separation.

Since you have internet access, you can visit the web site of your county court and learn about the laws regarding divorce. In our county, there is also a free 'help' service at the courthouse which assists in the proper filing of legal forms as well as a local law school which offers free mediation of divorce settlements. Inquire in your county/township and see what services are available.

Good luck! :)

• Author

Hi. Well I have phone but I get a poor signal. Internet is spotty but works if I have it just so. I believe it would be state police maybe the county. No no church for at least 20 miles.

I get on the county web page thank you. I hope they can help.

IMO, to effectively secure your safety and security, you'll need to figure out some method of acquiring transport to your county seat. Legal matters like filing must be done in person. Here there are fee waivers for economically disadvantaged filers.

Also, get information on your rights as a tenant. There may be some leverage there which can work to your advantage as you attempt to resolve this issue. For example, in my county, as a landlord it can take me nearly three months to evict a tenant for non-payment of rent. During that time they have use of money normally used to pay rent, if any. I don't endorse such a strategy but recognize the realities of survival.