Everytime I meet someone new I am tempted to call my ex

Arikel

Argh! I've been dating a bit and also trying to just meet new friends for drinks and stuff.. every time I meet someone new I just miss my ex and want to call. After a fun evening with friends I come home and feel depressed.

I'm going out to meet another friend for drinks and I'm so rationally telling myself I should call my ex when I get back.

WTF is wrong with me?!

Argh! I've been dating a bit and also trying to just meet new friends for drinks and stuff.. every time I meet someone new I just miss my ex and want to call. After a fun evening with friends I come home and feel depressed.

I'm going out to meet another friend for drinks and I'm so rationally telling myself I should call my ex when I get back.

WTF is wrong with me?!

You're comparing all of your dates to your ex. This is normal. I feel the same way. We invest so much time, effort and feelings into someone that it is very difficult to let it go. We develop routines involving our partner, but then have to change them after a split. We make plans, but then are left with just memories. It's a lot to process. Dating means that we are taking a step away from that person and into a future without them, and that is heartbreaking. For me, it is as though a part of me doesn't want to let go even though I know he has, and I really need to.

But, you will meet someone new that really interests you. This can't be rushed though, so be patient. Keep going out and having a good time, and do not call your ex! The point is to learn from your past and not make similar mistakes.

Good luck!

WTF is wrong with me?!

I haven't been on a date yet but when I guy checks me out I just want my ex. I have been out with my friends but when I get home I am depressed too. I wish I could come home to him and tell him about my day/night. I know I am comparing other men to him so it is not time yet.

Hugs to you x

• Author

Thanks for your insight Sciencegal and Buttercup .. it helps a lot knowing that I am not alone in feeling like this. I wish we could all get over it soon and move on with our lives. Its less lonely knowing someone else feels the same as we do, even though it sucks knowing that they hurt as much as well. Kinda weird you know?

Thanks for your insight Sciencegal and Buttercup .. it helps a lot knowing that I am not alone in feeling like this. I wish we could all get over it soon and move on with our lives. Its less lonely knowing someone else feels the same as we do, even though it sucks knowing that they hurt as much as well. Kinda weird you know?

I used to be the same. But you MUST stop doing this.

The past is the past. You are starting to move on. You are doing well.

You ex does NOT want to know about your new affaris.

• Author

Oh no no, I think you misunderstand me Andrew, I didn't mean calling the ex to tell HIM that I've been going out, I was speaking to Buttercup and Sciencegal.

You do have a point, I'm sure he doesn't want to know what I'm doing. So yeah, I have to move on, and that means keep living my life. Though its a bit blah at the moment

that is called withdrawls. It is part of the process. I just met with my ex today for the first time in about a year. It was nice. We were both glad to see each other. no drama.