This problem is caused by myself

I've known this person for a while, but we only got close for less than two months. Now, I have a very limited experience with love. I also have difficulty with expressing and understanding my own feelings. I have only experienced love once and it hurt like hell.

We have talked about important things such as beliefs, religion, views about the world, and life goals. I must say we really connect. We have similar way of thinking, and so, he understands me. I have never met someone that can understand me like this before.

But I don't know if this relationship will work. I have a very bad experience before and I think it still haunts me. I am very cautious, clueless, and wary about these type of things (you know, like "love" or "feelings"). I know he likes me a lot. I like him too.

When he ask me to be his gf, I told him to wait for another 2 months. But to be honest with you, I don't know what I am waiting for. I feel like I'm waiting for things to crumble or something. He was disappointed, but said that he will wait. I'm being selfish and I know I'm hurting him right now.

I don't want to hurt his feelings. Should I just say yes and be his gf? Though I feel very wary and unprepared for this type of relationship? Why are feelings so difficult and complex!? God damn, I hate this.