Really Mixed Up

ConfoosedOne

So I figured that my last ex was totally not worth it and I have been trying to move on. Now where does that bring me? Well, about a month ago, I became friends with this really sweet blonde at a party. We talked, and flirted, and exchanged numbers. We text each other almost every day. I wouldn't say she's as drop-dead gorgeous as my ex, but her heart is in the right place. Anyway, we've been getting really close after a mutual friend told me that this new girl in my life had a crush on me. The other night I invited her to see a movie with me and some of my friends. I had never seen her look so gorgeous and dolled-up for as long as I've known her. I felt extremely attracted to her. Actually, after the movie, we went outside and just stood on the curb looking at the stars, and for a second, I just wanted to hug her from behind and just hold her against me, but I felt scared that she wouldn't like it, so I didn't do it. When she had to leave, I hugged her and held on to her for like a minute, and she didn't hesitate to hold on as well.

I don't know what to do now. For a couple of days, I've been tossing the idea in my head that I should ask her out, but she's a very fragile girl (fragile at heart I mean) and I wouldn't want her to think I'm taking advantage of her. There is no doubt, the feelings I have for this girl are no where near as strong as the feelings I had for my ex when we first met. But...something is telling me that maybe asking her out is the best thing to do. I really don't know. Also, this girl knows some of my history, and she knows about my ex, and how strong the feelings that I had for her were. Do you think she would reject me knowing what my past has been like? What should I do?

No girl will reject you because you had feelings for another girl in the past.

Also - that little voice in your head that said "Hug her and hold her against you" , listen to that in the future. If you try to escalate and get shut down, you're still in it, sometimes you're ahead after getting shut down even though it might not seem that way.

On the other hand, if a window of opportunity is there, that tension (where the little voice says take action) is in the air, and you don't do anything, you've just sent yourself to the friend zone.

Ask her out dude.