Our dynamics changed and now I'm wondering

stressingit

Initially I posted here because I was getting the feeling that this guy (49, I'm 43) just wasn't "that into me". So basically I just decided to allow it to fade away. I stopped calling or texting and suddenly his contact became a lot more consistent. He drives a truck so though he can speculate when he'll be home, it doesn't always work out. Now if he misses our day/time, he makes it up immediately. Before we would just "wait til next time, maybe". We do not discuss feelings and I'm ok with that. So, it has evolved into a bit of a FWB situation. Or so that's what I'm thinking. And I'm in a place in my life where I can accept that and actually be happy with it. He has stated "I'm not good with relationships".

Recently, though... things have taken a bit of a turn. Like I said, contact is getting more consistent. Sometimes he calls just to ask how my day is and update me where he is and his route and when he expects to be home. During our last visit, during sex, he asked "what are you thinking"? and then again after when we were quite and just talking, he asked "what are you thinking, right now?" I give vague or silly answers. What do you think he's looking for here. He uses terms like, "we've got all the time in the world". These are just little things that make me second guess where the relationship is going. We had missed our last date because he didnt' get his truck loaded in time to make it all the way home that night and he called the next day and in making plans he stated, "I didn't want to take a chance on not getting to see you". He said this when he was asking to see me that night, instead of the night before that we'd planned. He hates doing short notice, but he was leaving again the next day.

Most interesting to me is this last time, after we were together, actually just after he asked what I was "thinking" that last time. He told me that he'd gotten another job offer out of town. (In which case he'd be gone 4 months and then home for 2, and could visit some weekends) But he said he turned them down, and told them he was happy doing what he was doing because he could pretty much come home when he wants to. Why does he feel the need to tell me this. If he turned them down and nothing is changing, was it necessary to let me know that he did this? What are your thoughts. It isn't needed for conversation, we have a hard time shutting up as it is. lol.

Thoughs?

• Author

I last saw him Wednesday. He called Thursday, Saturday and just hung up the phone with him. He just makes me beam :) I just really don't want to read more into this!!!!