My boyfriend is NOT affectionate AT ALL....what can I do to make him more so?

I am in a new relationship with someone who is not affectionate AT ALL!!

He says he's just not that kind of person. I was just in a 6 year relationship where we couldn't keep our hands off each other.

This is weird to me......kinda makes me feel rejected even though he says it's not me. Why is he like this?? What can I do to make him want to be more affectionate?

sportsloving

Some folks are just built that way. Perhaps when he gets more comfortable in the relationship he will be more so, but usually if they are not affectionate, it doesn't really grow. Good luck to you

I have a couple of girlfriends who aren't affectionate. Some folks just never learned to be.

You can't change him. If you want an affectionate guy, it is probably in your best interest to find a new guy.

Pyrannaste

Don't expect things will get better. :(

If it was just that he needed more time to get affectionate, he would have said it. Instead, he plainly told you he is like that.

Since the relationship is new, you had better decide now if you can be with a boy who is not affectionate and be happy.

Breaking up later in the relationship is usually way worse.

People can be very in love and show very few signs of affection though. So it's really not you, like he said. :)

My life long best friend and confidant just got married and ive never seen him give more then a rare hug and an occasional kiss to his gf. Generally things dont change much.

MrsSandman

yeah my ex boyfriend was like that but then i started being more affectionate with him so he started being affectionate with me in return.